The brothers of Neerja Bhanot — the flight attendant who sacrificed her life while saving passengers from terrorists on board a hijacked flight in 1986 — are said to be happy with the way “Neerja”, the forthcoming Bollywood biopic on their sister, has turned out.
Her brothers, Akhil and Aneesh, had even proudly presented the film’s trailer at an event in Mumbai. And they were also happy upon being shown some glimpses from the film, which stars Sonam Kapoor as Neerja Bhanot.
“The makers of ‘Neerja’ showed Akhil and Aneesh Bhanot glimpses of the film. The brothers were very happy with the end result and were of the opinion that all incidents have been portrayed in a realistic manner,” said a source associated with the makers of the movie.
“Neerja” tells their sister’s heroic tale of saving 359 passengers from terrorists on board the hijacked Pan Am Flight 73 in September 1986.
During the pre-production phase of the film, the makers had received consent from Neerja’s family to proceed with the film. However, a condition was laid to honour her spirit.
- Soon You Could Get Plastic Currency Notes: Find Out More
- Ranveer Singh and Vaani Kapoor Starrer Befikre Gets A Thumbs Up
- Supreme Court Seeks Centre’s Response Over Various Issues Regarding Demonetisation
- Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar Writes To West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee
- Bigg Boss 10 December 8 Review: Swami Om Feels Cheated, lashes Out At Gaurav For Jail Punishment
- South Korean President Park Geun-Hye Impeached Over Corruption Scandal
- Former Air Chief SP Tyagi Arrested In VVIP Chopper Scam
- After Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi, Liquor Baron Vijay Mallya’s Twitter Account Hacked
- Find Out What PM Narendra Modi Told Cabinet Over Demonetisation Decision
- Home Minister Rajnath Singh Assures Safety Of All Tourists Stranded On Havelock Island
- Government To Waive Service Tax On Debit, Credit Card Transactions Of Up To Rs 2,000
- President Pranab Mukherjee Criticises Parliament Disruptions Over Demonetisation
- Pakistan International Airlines Flight Carrying Over 40 Passenger On Board Crashes
- Shah Rukh Khan On Raees Clash With Kaabil: It’s Impossible To Have A Solo Release In India
- US-President Elect Donald Trump Named TIME’s Person Of The Year 2016
Directed by Ram Madhvani and produced by Fox Star Studios and Bling Unplugged, “Neerja” will release on February 19.