The brothers of Neerja Bhanot — the flight attendant who sacrificed her life while saving passengers from terrorists on board a hijacked flight in 1986 — are said to be happy with the way “Neerja”, the forthcoming Bollywood biopic on their sister, has turned out.
Her brothers, Akhil and Aneesh, had even proudly presented the film’s trailer at an event in Mumbai. And they were also happy upon being shown some glimpses from the film, which stars Sonam Kapoor as Neerja Bhanot.
“The makers of ‘Neerja’ showed Akhil and Aneesh Bhanot glimpses of the film. The brothers were very happy with the end result and were of the opinion that all incidents have been portrayed in a realistic manner,” said a source associated with the makers of the movie.
- The Royal Opera House Reopens After Decades Of Neglect: Here’s A Quick Tour
- Tata Sons Rubbishes Cyrus Mistry’s Allegations: Here’s What Happened
- Pakistan High Commissioner denies allegations leveled on his staffer for espionage activities
- Odisha: Villagers Refuse To Cremate Dalit Woman’s Body
- Here’s What Farhan Akhtar Said On Karan Johar-MNS ‘Deal’ Over Ae Dil Hai Mushkil’s Release
- Government’s Diwali Gift to Central Government Employees, Pensioners
- Bigg Boss 10 26th October Review: This Episode Is All About Fights
- New Zealand Beat India By 19 Runs In Ranchi; Series Levelled At 2-2
- DND Toll-Free: Noida Toll Company Moves Supreme Court Against Allahabad High Court
- British PM Theresa May Says Kashmir Is A Matter For India, Pakistan To Sort Out
- J&K: Students Suffer As Schools Along LOC Forced To Shut Amid Firing
- Jayalalithaa’s Health: AIADMK Women Supporters Continue Special Prayers For CM
- HTC Desire 10 Lifestyle First Look Video
- Fissures Remain Within Samajwadi Party: All You Need To Know
- Big Cheer For Delhi-Noida Commuters, DND Flyway Becomes Toll Free
“Neerja” tells their sister’s heroic tale of saving 359 passengers from terrorists on board the hijacked Pan Am Flight 73 in September 1986.
During the pre-production phase of the film, the makers had received consent from Neerja’s family to proceed with the film. However, a condition was laid to honour her spirit.
Directed by Ram Madhvani and produced by Fox Star Studios and Bling Unplugged, “Neerja” will release on February 19.