Actor Nawazuddin Siddiqui, who will be seen in Salman Khan starrer ‘Kick’, says he is not doing a blink-and-you-miss-it role in the film.
Earlier, Nawazuddin appeared in commercial films like ‘Sarfarosh’, ‘Talaash’ and others. Now, he will be seen in the mass entertainer ‘Kick’.
“It is not that I will do a blink-and-you-miss-it role in a big commercial film of A-list actors. The story (of ‘Kick’) is good, hence I agreed to do it. The story is superb. The script inspired me to do the film,” Nawazuddin told PTI.
“I am not against all commercial films, I am against illogical films. All commercial films are not illogical. Like ‘3 Idiots’ was a commercial film and had a very good story,” he said.
With the image of Salman and the kind of films he does, the entire focus is on him than other actors. But, Nawazuddin does not feel so.
- J&K: Students Suffer As Schools Along LOC Forced To Shut Amid Firing
- Jayalalithaa’s Health: AIADMK Women Supporters Continue Special Prayers For CM
- HTC Desire 10 Lifestyle First Look Video
- Fissures Remain Within Samajwadi Party: All You Need To Know
- Big Cheer For Delhi-Noida Commuters, DND Flyway Becomes Toll Free
- PM Modi Meets New Zealand Prime Minister John Key
- Ex-Arunachal CM Kalikho Pul Left Behind “Secret Notes” Before He Was Found Hanging: Rajkhowa
- Big Relief For Former Karnataka CM BS Yeddyurappa: Here’s Why
- Missing For Three Days, JNU Student Found Dead In Hostel Room
- Bigg Boss 10: Review Of October 25 Episode
- Delhi Government’s Rs 200 Crore Riverfront Plan: Find Out More
- School in Jammu & Kashmir’s Bandipore District Set on Fire
- Ajay Devgn On The Making Of Shivaay: Exclusive Interview
- Bodies Of Maoists Killed In Malkangiri Encounter, One Of The Biggest Such Operations
“The character that I have been offered is really good, it has logic to whatever he does. As an actor I must explore myself in every genre,” he said.
There is buzz that he is playing a negative role. When asked about it, Nawazuddin, who is yet to start shooting for the film, declined to reveal anything.
But, the actor expressed that he would continue doing supporting roles in films that have established actors and do lead roles in relatively newer director’s film.
“I try to balance things this way. For me the character and story inspire me to do a film. If I connect with it then I do it, that is my criteria to do a film. I don’t think about the result of the film and the length of the role,” Nawazuddin said.