The actor’s first production venture “Miyan Kal Aana” will be screened at the festival this year. The film is directed by his brother Shamas Siddiqui and will be shown as part of the Short Film Catalog.
- Priyanka Chopra to launch the trailer of Nawazuddin Siddiqui thriller Monsoon Shootout
- Nawazuddin Siddiqui's Monsoon Shootout to clash with Salman Khan's Tiger Zinda Hai
- Revelations made by Nawazuddin Siddiqui in his controversial memoir An Ordinary Life
- Nandita Das eyes mid-2018 release for Nawazuddin Siddiqui starrer Manto
- Nawazuddin Siddiqui teams up with Vishal Bhardwaj for a romantic comedy
- Nawazuddin Siddiqui's production 'Miyan Kal Aana' lands in California
Nawazuddin would be skipping the festival due to the shooting schedule of the film, which got delayed by a few days due to the weather conditions and Salman’s court trial in Jodhpur. The shoot will be going on in full swing for the next 25 days.
“I feel bad on not attending the festival this time however I am happy that my film has gone there. It will be my first film as a producer and my brother Shamas who has directed it has done a brilliant job. I am happy for him. Even if I won’t be going there physically I’m glad our film, our thoughts are out there,” Nawazuddin said in a statement.
“Miyan Kal Aana”, which is 17.5 minutes long, touches upon the Halala law in Islam.