Nawazuddin Siddiqui has refuted the allegations made by his sister-in-law that the actor beat her for dowry, saying that she has done it for publicity. The 42-year-old star, who has come under the scrutiny for reportedly harassing his younger brother’s wife, Afrin, on September 28, claimed she has deliberately charged him with the allegations because he appeared to be a soft target to her.
“I’m falsely charged by my sister-in-law because I’m a soft target for her and she could have easily made the news out of me. I’m an actor so, that could also be a reason for her allegations. Had it happened with a common man, it would not have made the headlines on television and newspapers,” Nawazuddin said during a press conference.
- Bigg Boss 10, October 27 Review: Navin, Lokesh Fights During The Immunity Task
- Shivaay Audience Reaction: Ajay Devgn Impresses Viewers
- Pakistan High Commission Staffer Caught With Defence Documents: What It Means For India & Pakistan
- The Royal Opera House Reopens After Decades Of Neglect: Here’s A Quick Tour
- Tata Sons Rubbishes Cyrus Mistry’s Allegations: Here’s What Happened
- Pakistan High Commissioner denies allegations leveled on his staffer for espionage activities
- Odisha: Villagers Refuse To Cremate Dalit Woman’s Body
- Here’s What Farhan Akhtar Said On Karan Johar-MNS ‘Deal’ Over Ae Dil Hai Mushkil’s Release
- Government’s Diwali Gift to Central Government Employees, Pensioners
- Bigg Boss 10 26th October Review: This Episode Is All About Fights
- New Zealand Beat India By 19 Runs In Ranchi; Series Levelled At 2-2
- DND Toll-Free: Noida Toll Company Moves Supreme Court Against Allahabad High Court
- British PM Theresa May Says Kashmir Is A Matter For India, Pakistan To Sort Out
- J&K: Students Suffer As Schools Along LOC Forced To Shut Amid Firing
- Jayalalithaa’s Health: AIADMK Women Supporters Continue Special Prayers For CM
The actor also clarified that he has never asked for any dowry and in fact it was Afrin’s uncle, who tried to mint money from his brother Minazuddin on a regular basis. Nawaz presented a CCTV footage of September 28, which shows that he was suffering from high fever that night. The actor explained that the whole incident through the clip, saying, “On the night of September 28, my sister-in-law’s uncle and his wife came at our place with a proper plan of robbery. They entered Minazuddin’s room to meet him. Then we heard a noise in a while and we all ran to see what exactly happened. The moment I reached, I saw my sister-in-law’s uncle was rushing towards the main door with Afrin. I didn’t have any conversation with her nor I touched her.”
Nawazuddin said the police are still investigating into the case and he is glad that he had the CCTV footage with him to prove his innocence. Earlier in January this year, another FIR was registered against the Bollywood actor, for allegedly assaulting a woman over a parking dispute. The actor’s manager, however, denied the incident and said the police registered the complaint without verification. The report said there was an argument but no assault took place. On the work front, Nawaz is gearing up for Manto, Munna Michael and Raees.
(With inputs from PTI)