I’m a soft target: Nawazuddin Siddiqui reacts on sister-in-law’s allegations

Actor Nawazuddin Siddiqui's sister-in-law had accused him for allegedly beating her for dowry. She is married to Nawaz's brother Minazuddin.

By: Express Web Desk | New Delhi | Published:October 2, 2016 6:17 pm
Nawazuddin Siddiqui, Nawazuddin, Nawazuddin Siddiqui racism, racism, Nawazuddin Siddiqui upcoming film Nawazuddin Siddiqui says his sister-in-law’s FIR that the actor beat her for dowry is a publicity stunt.

Nawazuddin Siddiqui has refuted the allegations made by his sister-in-law that the actor beat her for dowry, saying that she has done it for publicity. The 42-year-old star, who has come under the scrutiny for reportedly harassing his younger brother’s wife, Afrin, on September 28, claimed she has deliberately charged him with the allegations because he appeared to be a soft target to her.

“I’m falsely charged by my sister-in-law because I’m a soft target for her and she could have easily made the news out of me. I’m an actor so, that could also be a reason for her allegations. Had it happened with a common man, it would not have made the headlines on television and newspapers,” Nawazuddin said during a press conference.

Also read | Relative files complaint against actor Nawazuddin Siddiqui

The actor also clarified that he has never asked for any dowry and in fact it was Afrin’s uncle, who tried to mint money from his brother Minazuddin on a regular basis. Nawaz presented a CCTV footage of September 28, which shows that he was suffering from high fever that night. The actor explained that the whole incident through the clip, saying, “On the night of September 28, my sister-in-law’s uncle and his wife came at our place with a proper plan of robbery. They entered Minazuddin’s room to meet him. Then we heard a noise in a while and we all ran to see what exactly happened. The moment I reached, I saw my sister-in-law’s uncle was rushing towards the main door with Afrin. I didn’t have any conversation with her nor I touched her.”

More from the world of Entertainment:

Nawazuddin said the police are still investigating into the case and he is glad that he had the CCTV footage with him to prove his innocence. Earlier in January this year, another FIR was registered against the Bollywood actor, for allegedly assaulting a woman over a parking dispute. The actor’s manager, however, denied the incident and said the police registered the complaint without verification. The report said there was an argument but no assault took place. On the work front, Nawaz is gearing up for Manto, Munna Michael and Raees.

(With inputs from PTI)