Bollywood actor Nawazuddin Siddiqui has pulled out of a Ramleela programme at his native place in Budhana here due to opposition by right-wing activists, police said today.
The Ramlila program featuring Nawazuddin has been cancelled following opposition by some Hindu activists, SP (rural) Rakesh Jolly said. The organisers had to cancel the programme after the activists approached them and expressed their displeasure over Nawazuddin’s participation, he added.
- Varun Gandhi Under Attack Over Defence Deals: Here’s How
- This Diwali, Let Blind Students Brighten Up your Homes With Candles & Diyas
- CBI Files Supplementary Chargesheet In Sheena Bora Murder Case
- Soha Ali Khan And Vir Das Starrer 31st October Audience Reaction
- Sahara Chief Subrata Roy’s Parole Extended Till November 28
- Simple Tips To Secure Your Debit Card From Fraudsters
- New Zealand & India Team Being Welcomed In Chandigarh
- Mumbai Call Centre Scam: All You Need To Know
- Jammu Kashmir Chief Minister Mehbooba Mufti Appeals To Police: Here’s What She Said
- Shocker From Ahmedabad: Find Out What Happened
- Bigg Boss 10 Day 3 Review: Celebs Fail To Do Well in First Task
- Airtel Offers 10GB Data At Rs 259 For New 4G Smartphone Users
- Aamir Khan Starrer Dangal’s Trailer Launched: First Impressions
- TMC Supporters Attack BJP Leader Babul Supriyo
- Sri Lankan Navy Apprehends 20 Indian Fishermen
The actor, known for his critically-acclaimed performances in many Hindi blockbusters, however, has not lost hope and promised his fans that he will return next year. “My childhood dream could not come true, but will definitely be a part of Ramleela next year. Check the
rehearsals,” he tweeted with a link of the rehearsal video.
Check Nawazuddin Siddiqui’s Ramleela rehearsal video:
My childhood dream could not come true, but will definitely be a part of Ramleela next year.
Check the rehearsals. pic.twitter.com/euOYSgsm3F
— Nawazuddin Siddiqui (@Nawazuddin_S) October 6, 2016
Nawazuddin did not comment on the people who were against his appearance on the stage, saying he had to cancel his appearance to “maintain peace” in the village. “There were some technical issues. I got the order that I should not do it as it was important to maintain peace in the village,” he told a news channel.
The actor said he wanted to play Maarich, a rakshasa (demon), because the demon wanted to be killed by the arrows of Ram.