Farhan Akhtar, who played the lead role in ‘Bhaag Milkha Bhaag’ has declined to get into the debate about Naseeruddin Shah’s comment about the film being fake, saying that the veteran actor is entitled to his own opinion.
“It is his opinion and he is entitled to his opinion. I don’t have any reaction for it,” said Farhan at a promotional event of his upcoming film ‘Shaadi Ke Side Effects’ here yesterday.
Naseerudin had recently said that ‘Bhaag MilkhaBhaag’, directed by Rakeysh Omprakash Mehra, was a completely fake film and even though Farhan had worked very hard, building up muscles and growing hair was not exactly acting.
Actress Shabana Azmi and writer Prasoon Joshi, among others, have spoken in defence of the film and the actor saying that they did not agree with Shah’s opinion.
‘Bhaag Milkha Bhaag’ chronicled the life of former legendary athlete Milkha Singh. Farhan played the part as of Flying Sikh on the big screen in the biopic that crossed
the Rs 100 crore mark.
- Soon You Could Get Plastic Currency Notes: Find Out More
- Ranveer Singh and Vaani Kapoor Starrer Befikre Gets A Thumbs Up
- Supreme Court Seeks Centre’s Response Over Various Issues Regarding Demonetisation
- Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar Writes To West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee
- Bigg Boss 10 December 8 Review: Swami Om Feels Cheated, lashes Out At Gaurav For Jail Punishment
- South Korean President Park Geun-Hye Impeached Over Corruption Scandal
- Former Air Chief SP Tyagi Arrested In VVIP Chopper Scam
- After Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi, Liquor Baron Vijay Mallya’s Twitter Account Hacked
- Find Out What PM Narendra Modi Told Cabinet Over Demonetisation Decision
- Home Minister Rajnath Singh Assures Safety Of All Tourists Stranded On Havelock Island
- Government To Waive Service Tax On Debit, Credit Card Transactions Of Up To Rs 2,000
- President Pranab Mukherjee Criticises Parliament Disruptions Over Demonetisation
- Pakistan International Airlines Flight Carrying Over 40 Passenger On Board Crashes
- Shah Rukh Khan On Raees Clash With Kaabil: It’s Impossible To Have A Solo Release In India
- US-President Elect Donald Trump Named TIME’s Person Of The Year 2016
Talking about his role in ‘Shaadi Ke Side Effects’, Farhan said, “It was not easy to get into the skin of the character. I had started shooting for it one month after I completed ‘Bhaag Milkha Bhaag’, so it was a bit easy.”