Bollywood actor Naseeruddin Shah has revealed that his lifetime regret remains not having worked with acclaimed filmmaker Satyajit Ray, who had appreciated his performance in Ketan Mehta’s ‘Mirch Masala’.
Naseeruddin, who plays a butcher in upcoming Bengali film ‘Khasi Katha’, says, “So many times I had wished to write a letter to Satyajit Ray requesting a role, but I did not muster the courage.
“Now I regret why I didn’t. A film by Ray never happened to me,” said Naseeruddin, who has starred in films like ‘A Wednesday’, ‘Sarfarosh’, ‘Monsoon Wedding’ and ‘Iqbal’.
“I had met Manikda when I was a 22-year old NSD student watching Bergman’s ‘Silence’ at Max Mueller Bhavan when he sat before me and I remember I could not watch the film properly. How can you with the ‘Pather Panchali’ maker sitting in your front row?” Naseeruddin said.
“I had first bumped into him at the age of 12 and remember I mistook him as a police officer wearing a starched uniform and cap,” he recalled.
- Lenovo k6 Power Video Review
- Bigg Boss 10 December 5 Review: Manveer Calls Swam Om ‘kachdaa’
- PM Narendra Modi Declared Winner Of TIME Magazine’s Person Of The Year – Reader’s Poll
- Paneerselvam sworn in as new Chief Minister of Tamil Nadu
- Tamil Nadu CM J Jayalalithaa Passes Away After Suffering Cardiac Arrest
- J.Jayalalithaa’s Life Journey
- Here’s Why Delhi-NCR Gets Pollution Code On Lines Of Beijing
- PM Modi Is More Interested In TRP Politics Rahul Gandhi At Congress Parliamentary Meet
- Bigg Boss 10 December 1 Review: Priyanka Jagga Succeeds In Her Divide And Rule Strategy
- Kahaani 2 Audience Reaction: Vidya Balan Starrer Thriller Gets Mixed Reviews
- Find Out What PM Modi Said About Demonetisation On LinkedIn
- Row Over West Bengal ”Military Coup” Issue Escalates: Who Said What
- Here’s How Mohammad Kaif Replied To Virender Sehwag’s Birthday Wish On Twitter
- West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee’s Flight Reportedly Had Low Fuel: Here’s What Happened
- Reliance Jio Welcome Offer Extended Till March 31, JioMoney Launched
Naseeruddin, who has starred in Ribhu Dasgupta’s yet unreleased film ‘Michael’ two years ago, says the comfort level with long time friend-director Judhajit Sarkar matters besides the story line of ‘Khasi Katha’.
“I haven’t yet seen the film, but I have expectations from my shooting experience,” he says.
Naseeruddin plays a butcher about to slaughter a ‘khasi’ or a goat when the animal pleads for its life and turns into a chronicler of events.
“Khasi is the human conscience which mirrors our self. It also narrates the story of underdogs, including a female boxer.”
In the film Naseeruddin talks with the animated version of the goat with the voice over done by popular Bengali comedian and character actor Kanchon Mallick.