Veteran actor Naseeruddin Shah will be seen playing a rib-tickling don, ‘Wanted bhai’ in Aneez Bazmee’s “Welcome Back”, a sequel to the 2007 hit “Welcome”.
The 64-year-old National Award-winning star will get into the shoes of yesteryear actor Firoz Khan, who played the role of Don RDX in the prequel.
The trailer of the film, which was launched by the cast here today, marks the comeback of the famous pair of Uday bhai (Nana Patekar)- Majnu bhai (Anil Kapoor).
The actors will reprise their roles and carry forward the search of sober groom for their sister, this time played by Shruti Haasan.
- Manchester City too strong for Crystal Palace, while Manchester United labour to victory
- Few ideas, less hope leave Syria crisis on back burner at UN
- US bombers fly off North Korea's coast in show of force
- Diego Costa without attitude - Alvaro Morata era dawns at Chelsea
- Angry Burnley boss Sean Dyche says diving has to go from the game
- Northern Army commander reviews security situation along LoC
Bollywood hunk John Abraham, whose last big-screen outing was two years back with “Madras Cafe”, has donned the role of Ajju Bhai for the laugh-riot.
John’s character is completely opposite to the simpleton Rajiv, played by Akshay Kumar, in “Welcome”.
Bollywood’s graceful diva Dimple Kapadia is also a part of the ensemble cast and will be seen in the role of Maharani. Model-turned-actress Sakshi Magoo, who is making her debut with the film, seems to have acquired the place of Mallika Sherawat.
Produced by Firoz Nadiadwala, “Welcome back” is all about the tussle between the ‘Jamai and the Bhais’.
Slated to release on September 4, the film looks bigger and grander than its prequel.