Veteran actor Naseeruddin Shah will be seen playing a rib-tickling don, ‘Wanted bhai’ in Aneez Bazmee’s “Welcome Back”, a sequel to the 2007 hit “Welcome”.
The 64-year-old National Award-winning star will get into the shoes of yesteryear actor Firoz Khan, who played the role of Don RDX in the prequel.
The trailer of the film, which was launched by the cast here today, marks the comeback of the famous pair of Uday bhai (Nana Patekar)- Majnu bhai (Anil Kapoor).
The actors will reprise their roles and carry forward the search of sober groom for their sister, this time played by Shruti Haasan.
- Unfortunately, in our country, crying is mistaken for good acting: Naseeruddin Shah
- I have found my Naseeruddin Shah in Aamir Khan: Vidhu Vinod Chopra
- 'Welcome Back' on an upward trend, rakes in Rs 17.05 cr on Saturday
- No one can replace Feroz Khan in 'Welcome' series: Nana Patekar
- Watch 'Welcome Back' trailer: John Abraham, Nana Patekar, Anil Kapoor, Paresh Rawal steal the show
- Dimple Kapadia approached for 'Welcome Back'
Bollywood hunk John Abraham, whose last big-screen outing was two years back with “Madras Cafe”, has donned the role of Ajju Bhai for the laugh-riot.
John’s character is completely opposite to the simpleton Rajiv, played by Akshay Kumar, in “Welcome”.
Bollywood’s graceful diva Dimple Kapadia is also a part of the ensemble cast and will be seen in the role of Maharani. Model-turned-actress Sakshi Magoo, who is making her debut with the film, seems to have acquired the place of Mallika Sherawat.
Produced by Firoz Nadiadwala, “Welcome back” is all about the tussle between the ‘Jamai and the Bhais’.
Slated to release on September 4, the film looks bigger and grander than its prequel.