With New Year come resolutions of various kinds, and the most common among girls is to lose weight. Even Bollywood actress Nargis Fakhri has vowed to get fitter in 2016 and will include Tai Chi or Qigong in her daily routine.
Tai Chi is an internal Chinese martial art practiced for both its defence training and for health benefits, while Qigong is an ancient Chinese healthcare system that integrates physical postures, breathing techniques and focused intention.
Taking fitness to the next level, Nargis, who is regular with combat training, is determined to practice new forms of work-outs this year.
“The new ways to work out have caught on in popularity because they are different from your regular gym routine, which makes it a lot of fun,” Nargis said.
“In today’s day and age, there is a wide array of options to choose from — be it Masala Bhangra, Aqua Yoga, CrossFit, Spinning, etc., and activities that are aimed to be fun and engaging, while still offering the benefits of fitness,” the actress, who is also the Reebok Brand ambassador, said in a statement.
- Here’s Why Delhi-NCR Gets Pollution Code On Lines Of Beijing
- PM Modi Is More Interested In TRP Politics Rahul Gandhi At Congress Parliamentary Meet
- Bigg Boss 10 December 1 Review: Priyanka Jagga Succeeds In Her Divide And Rule Strategy
- Kahaani 2 Audience Reaction: Vidya Balan Starrer Thriller Gets Mixed Reviews
- Find Out What PM Modi Said About Demonetisation On LinkedIn
- Row Over West Bengal ”Military Coup” Issue Escalates: Who Said What
- Here’s How Mohammad Kaif Replied To Virender Sehwag’s Birthday Wish On Twitter
- West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee’s Flight Reportedly Had Low Fuel: Here’s What Happened
- Reliance Jio Welcome Offer Extended Till March 31, JioMoney Launched
- Uri Attackers Came From Pakistan, Establishes Digital Data
- Bigg Boss 10 Nov 30 Episode Review: Captaincy Brings Differences In Manoj Punjabi & Manveer Gurjar
- Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi’s Official Twitter Handle Hacked
- After Rahul Gandhi’s Twitter Handle, Congress Official Twitter Account Hacked
- 3 Dead As Army Helicopter Crashes In Sukna In West Bengal
- BJP, Congress Engage In War Of Words Over Nagrota Attack: Find Out More
Yoga is another form of exercise that is favoured by the “Main Tera Hero” actress. It helps her to relax her mind as well as her body, and this year, Nargis plans to roll out her Yoga mat more often and further her experience to tone every inch of her body.
During training, Nargis plans to work on muscle strengthening and do 25 push-ups and at least 100 sit ups a day.
“Being fit is not just about working out and looking good, it’s also about having a positive attitude, making the right fitness choices and participating in activities one enjoys. Fitness is something that disciplines both the mind and the soul and not just the body,” said the actress.
Along with planning her new fitness regime, Nargis has another resolution of being “Fashionably-fit”.
“Wearing the right apparel and shoes while working out in itself is rewarding and gives you that ‘feel-good’ factor along with boosting your confidence. Moreover, wearing technologically advanced gear that helps you breathe and keeps your body cool is essential for a great calorie-burning session,” she said.
As Nargis is all set to make fitness her ball and chain in 2016, she also exhorts fitness lovers to take a pledge with her by sharing fitness resolution on Twitter and Reebok India.