With New Year come resolutions of various kinds, and the most common among girls is to lose weight. Even Bollywood actress Nargis Fakhri has vowed to get fitter in 2016 and will include Tai Chi or Qigong in her daily routine.
Tai Chi is an internal Chinese martial art practiced for both its defence training and for health benefits, while Qigong is an ancient Chinese healthcare system that integrates physical postures, breathing techniques and focused intention.
Taking fitness to the next level, Nargis, who is regular with combat training, is determined to practice new forms of work-outs this year.
- Varun Gandhi Under Attack Over Defence Deals: Here’s How
- This Diwali, Let Blind Students Brighten Up your Homes With Candles & Diyas
- CBI Files Supplementary Chargesheet In Sheena Bora Murder Case
- Soha Ali Khan And Vir Das Starrer 31st October Audience Reaction
- Sahara Chief Subrata Roy’s Parole Extended Till November 28
- Simple Tips To Secure Your Debit Card From Fraudsters
- New Zealand & India Team Being Welcomed In Chandigarh
- Mumbai Call Centre Scam: All You Need To Know
- Jammu Kashmir Chief Minister Mehbooba Mufti Appeals To Police: Here’s What She Said
- Shocker From Ahmedabad: Find Out What Happened
- Bigg Boss 10 Day 3 Review: Celebs Fail To Do Well in First Task
- Airtel Offers 10GB Data At Rs 259 For New 4G Smartphone Users
- Aamir Khan Starrer Dangal’s Trailer Launched: First Impressions
- TMC Supporters Attack BJP Leader Babul Supriyo
- Sri Lankan Navy Apprehends 20 Indian Fishermen
“The new ways to work out have caught on in popularity because they are different from your regular gym routine, which makes it a lot of fun,” Nargis said.
“In today’s day and age, there is a wide array of options to choose from — be it Masala Bhangra, Aqua Yoga, CrossFit, Spinning, etc., and activities that are aimed to be fun and engaging, while still offering the benefits of fitness,” the actress, who is also the Reebok Brand ambassador, said in a statement.
Yoga is another form of exercise that is favoured by the “Main Tera Hero” actress. It helps her to relax her mind as well as her body, and this year, Nargis plans to roll out her Yoga mat more often and further her experience to tone every inch of her body.
During training, Nargis plans to work on muscle strengthening and do 25 push-ups and at least 100 sit ups a day.
“Being fit is not just about working out and looking good, it’s also about having a positive attitude, making the right fitness choices and participating in activities one enjoys. Fitness is something that disciplines both the mind and the soul and not just the body,” said the actress.
Along with planning her new fitness regime, Nargis has another resolution of being “Fashionably-fit”.
“Wearing the right apparel and shoes while working out in itself is rewarding and gives you that ‘feel-good’ factor along with boosting your confidence. Moreover, wearing technologically advanced gear that helps you breathe and keeps your body cool is essential for a great calorie-burning session,” she said.
As Nargis is all set to make fitness her ball and chain in 2016, she also exhorts fitness lovers to take a pledge with her by sharing fitness resolution on Twitter and Reebok India.