“I didn’t want to politicise it. Whatever happened is unfortunate. I was only trying to pay tribute to a great Prime Minister in his city of Vadodara. I didn’t want to hurt anyone’s feelings and so I decided not to go,” Vidya Balan told reporters.
As part of a promotional plan for her detective thriller film ‘Bobby Jasoos’, the National-Award-winning actress had gone to Vadodara yesterday where it was planned that she would don a get-up like Modi and visit some places in the city including a tea vendor’s stall who was one of the proposers of Modi as a Lok Sabha contestant.
However, she cancelled it following protests. She, instead, concluded her visit to the city by visiting an educational institute in disguise.
In the film which releases next Friday, Vidya Balan is seen taking up 12 various disguises as a detective including that of a beggar.
- Lenovo k6 Power Video Review
- Bigg Boss 10 December 5 Review: Manveer Calls Swam Om ‘kachdaa’
- PM Narendra Modi Declared Winner Of TIME Magazine’s Person Of The Year – Reader’s Poll
- Paneerselvam sworn in as new Chief Minister of Tamil Nadu
- Tamil Nadu CM J Jayalalithaa Passes Away After Suffering Cardiac Arrest
- J.Jayalalithaa’s Life Journey
- Here’s Why Delhi-NCR Gets Pollution Code On Lines Of Beijing
- PM Modi Is More Interested In TRP Politics Rahul Gandhi At Congress Parliamentary Meet
- Bigg Boss 10 December 1 Review: Priyanka Jagga Succeeds In Her Divide And Rule Strategy
- Kahaani 2 Audience Reaction: Vidya Balan Starrer Thriller Gets Mixed Reviews
- Find Out What PM Modi Said About Demonetisation On LinkedIn
- Row Over West Bengal ”Military Coup” Issue Escalates: Who Said What
- Here’s How Mohammad Kaif Replied To Virender Sehwag’s Birthday Wish On Twitter
- West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee’s Flight Reportedly Had Low Fuel: Here’s What Happened
- Reliance Jio Welcome Offer Extended Till March 31, JioMoney Launched
“I don’t know why I got misunderstood by some people,” she said.