Yesteryear actress Saira Banu could not believe that her good friend and ‘Jab Jab Phool Khile’ star Nanda was no more.
Veteran actress Nanda passed away this morning following a heart attack at her residence in suburban Andheri.
“It’s terrible to hear this sad news. I am devastated. She was a very sweet and loving person. She was homely and family oriented. She was not a party person… This was a common quality between the two of us,” Banu told PTI.
Though, Banu had not shared screen space with Nanda in any film, she admired her body of work.
- Ae Dil Hai Mushkil Audience Reaction: Ranbir, Aishwarya, Anushka Starrer Gets A Thumbs Up
- Bigg Boss 10, October 27 Review: Navin, Lokesh Fights During The Immunity Task
- Shivaay Audience Reaction: Ajay Devgn Impresses Viewers
- Pakistan High Commission Staffer Caught With Defence Documents: What It Means For India & Pakistan
- The Royal Opera House Reopens After Decades Of Neglect: Here’s A Quick Tour
- Tata Sons Rubbishes Cyrus Mistry’s Allegations: Here’s What Happened
- Pakistan High Commissioner denies allegations leveled on his staffer for espionage activities
- Odisha: Villagers Refuse To Cremate Dalit Woman’s Body
- Here’s What Farhan Akhtar Said On Karan Johar-MNS ‘Deal’ Over Ae Dil Hai Mushkil’s Release
- Government’s Diwali Gift to Central Government Employees, Pensioners
- Bigg Boss 10 26th October Review: This Episode Is All About Fights
- New Zealand Beat India By 19 Runs In Ranchi; Series Levelled At 2-2
- DND Toll-Free: Noida Toll Company Moves Supreme Court Against Allahabad High Court
- British PM Theresa May Says Kashmir Is A Matter For India, Pakistan To Sort Out
- J&K: Students Suffer As Schools Along LOC Forced To Shut Amid Firing
“I loved her the most in ‘Chhoti Behan’, ‘Jab Jab Phool Khile’. I admired her work a lot, she was a very talented actress,” she said.
Banu became friends with Nanda in 1983-84 and since then they have been sharing good bond.
“We used to meet once in two-three months… We used to go to each other’s place. She loved biryani, shami kabab a lot at our place. Then she cut down on her eating habits and then she, Dilip Sahab and I used to have snacks,” Banu said.
“We shared a lovely friendship. We both respected, loved each other. We had a lot of regard for each other. We three used to go on drive as well,” she said.
Banu spoke to her last Saturday and had gifted her a white outfit, which Nanda loved a lot.