Yesteryear actress Saira Banu could not believe that her good friend and ‘Jab Jab Phool Khile’ star Nanda was no more.
Veteran actress Nanda passed away this morning following a heart attack at her residence in suburban Andheri.
“It’s terrible to hear this sad news. I am devastated. She was a very sweet and loving person. She was homely and family oriented. She was not a party person… This was a common quality between the two of us,” Banu told PTI.
Though, Banu had not shared screen space with Nanda in any film, she admired her body of work.
“I loved her the most in ‘Chhoti Behan’, ‘Jab Jab Phool Khile’. I admired her work a lot, she was a very talented actress,” she said.
Banu became friends with Nanda in 1983-84 and since then they have been sharing good bond.
“We used to meet once in two-three months… We used to go to each other’s place. She loved biryani, shami kabab a lot at our place. Then she cut down on her eating habits and then she, Dilip Sahab and I used to have snacks,” Banu said.
- Home Minister Rajnath Singh Assures Safety Of All Tourists Stranded On Havelock Island
- Government To Waive Service Tax On Debit, Credit Card Transactions Of Up To Rs 2,000
- President Pranab Mukherjee Criticises Parliament Disruptions Over Demonetisation
- Pakistan International Airlines Flight Carrying Over 40 Passenger On Board Crashes
- Shah Rukh Khan On Raees Clash With Kaabil: It’s Impossible To Have A Solo Release In India
- US-President Elect Donald Trump Named TIME’s Person Of The Year 2016
- O. Panneerselvam: 10 Things You Need To Know
- PM Narendra Modi Slams Opposition For Not Letting Parliament Function
- Nawazuddin Siddiqui On Working In Raees: Was Nervous To Shoot With Shah Rukh Khan
- Bathinda Dancer Murder: Video Showing Accused Opening Fire At Marriage
- 5 Lesser Known Facts About Sasikala Natarajan
- Congress Leader Shashi Tharoor’s Delhi Home Burgled: Here’s What Happened
- Reserve Bank Of India Keeps Repo Rate Unchanged Post Demonetisation
- Bigg Boss 10 Dec 06 Review: Swami Om Pees In Kitchen
- Lenovo k6 Power Video Review
“We shared a lovely friendship. We both respected, loved each other. We had a lot of regard for each other. We three used to go on drive as well,” she said.
Banu spoke to her last Saturday and had gifted her a white outfit, which Nanda loved a lot.