Expressing grief over yesteryear actress Nanda’s death, veteran actors Manoj Kumar and Prem Chopra today described her as a very “down to earth person” and a “woman with no tantrums”.
Kumar, who had shared screen space with Nanda in films like ‘Gumnaam’, ‘Shor’ and ‘Bedaag’, says he is shocked and unable to digest that she is no more.
“I started working with her when she was already established and I felt apprehensive to work with her. She encouraged me a lot. I had great experience working with her. She was obedient and punctual,” Kumar told PTI.
Kumar remembers that he used to call her an angel. “She was a very down-to-earth person with no attitude, extraordinary human being and a very talented actress. I used to call her angel,” he said.
Kumar says she loved her performances in ‘Jab Jab Phool Khile’, ‘Ittefaq’, ‘Chhoti Behan’ and ‘Toofan’.
- Here’s Why Delhi-NCR Gets Pollution Code On Lines Of Beijing
- PM Modi Is More Interested In TRP Politics Rahul Gandhi At Congress Parliamentary Meet
- Bigg Boss 10 December 1 Review: Priyanka Jagga Succeeds In Her Divide And Rule Strategy
- Kahaani 2 Audience Reaction: Vidya Balan Starrer Thriller Gets Mixed Reviews
- Find Out What PM Modi Said About Demonetisation On LinkedIn
- Row Over West Bengal ”Military Coup” Issue Escalates: Who Said What
- Here’s How Mohammad Kaif Replied To Virender Sehwag’s Birthday Wish On Twitter
- West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee’s Flight Reportedly Had Low Fuel: Here’s What Happened
- Reliance Jio Welcome Offer Extended Till March 31, JioMoney Launched
- Uri Attackers Came From Pakistan, Establishes Digital Data
- Bigg Boss 10 Nov 30 Episode Review: Captaincy Brings Differences In Manoj Punjabi & Manveer Gurjar
- Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi’s Official Twitter Handle Hacked
- After Rahul Gandhi’s Twitter Handle, Congress Official Twitter Account Hacked
- 3 Dead As Army Helicopter Crashes In Sukna In West Bengal
- BJP, Congress Engage In War Of Words Over Nagrota Attack: Find Out More
Noted actor Prem Chopra, known for playing villainous roles, says he was fond of Nanda not only as an actress, but as a person.
“I did not have the privilege to work with her, but I admired her work a lot. She was a very warm and loving woman. she had no tantrums. I had met her socially she was good to talk,” Chopra told PTI.
“It is unfortunate that she is no more. My sentiments and prayers for the family. It is sad that a lovely woman like her has left us,” he said.
“She was an iconic actress and a very good human being. It is sad that she has passed away. When we lose a wonderful human being like her, it definitely brings in sadness,” Deol told PTI.
The 75-year-old actress, who was the niece of legendary filmmaker V Shantaram, died this morning at her Andheri residence here.