Bollywood actor Nana Patekar, known for his brilliant performances in ‘The Pool’, ‘Parinda’ and ‘Ab Tak Chappan’, is all set to be a part of the ongoing London Indian Film Festival.
Patekar, 63, will be one of the main guests at the World Premiere of director Samruddhi Porey’s ‘Hemalkasa’ on the closing night film of the fifth edition of the festival here on July 17.
The film narrates the inspirational stories of Magsasay Award winning couple Dr Prakash Baba Amte and Mandakini Amte, who dedicated their lives towards improving the lot of the tribal people in Western India.
- Mumbai Call Centre Scam: All You Need To Know
- Jammu Kashmir Chief Minister Mehbooba Mufti Appeals To Police: Here’s What She Said
- Shocker From Ahmedabad: Find Out What Happened
- Bigg Boss 10 Day 3 Review: Celebs Fail To Do Well in First Task
- Airtel Offers 10GB Data At Rs 259 For New 4G Smartphone Users
- Aamir Khan Starrer Dangal’s Trailer Launched: First Impressions
- TMC Supporters Attack BJP Leader Babul Supriyo
- Sri Lankan Navy Apprehends 20 Indian Fishermen
- Hillary Clinton accuses Donald Trump of being Vladimir Putin’s ‘puppet’
- Senior UP Congress Leader Rita Bahuguna Joshi Joins BJP
- Missing JNU Student: VC Gives Ultimatum To Students Over ‘Illegal Confinement’
- US Presidential Debate: Donald Trump Calls Hillary Clinton ‘A Nasty Woman’
- Hasselblad True Zoom Mod Review
- Honor 8 First Look Video
- Apple Watch 2: Review, Price And Features
“I appreciate the LIFF selection committee because by selecting Hemalkasa they have shown that only an expert
jeweller has an eye for a real diamond. I believe here LIFF is the real expert jeweller.
“This is not merely a film but an inspirational message for the world and hence I am here at LIFF. Otherwise usually I avoid accepting film festival invitations. My friends, if you miss the film, the loss is yours,” Patekar said.
Director Porey, winner of India’s prestigious National Award for ‘Mala Aai Vahhaychy’, said, “It is an extremely
proud feeling that Hemalkasa my first Bollywood film is selected at LIFF for the most prestigious closing show. This is not only a film but also a dream, which I saw for thousands of needy people. LIFF selection is a first step towards start fulfilling it. I have truly poured my soul into it.”
‘Hemalkasa’ premieres on July 17 at the Cineworld Haymarket. Patekar will walk the red carpet with Porey and other special guests and will participate in a Q&A after the screening.
The festival opened with a screening of ‘Sold’, executive produced by Emma Thompson, and starring Gillian Anderson.