Bollywood actor Nana Patekar, known for his brilliant performances in ‘The Pool’, ‘Parinda’ and ‘Ab Tak Chappan’, is all set to be a part of the ongoing London Indian Film Festival.
Patekar, 63, will be one of the main guests at the World Premiere of director Samruddhi Porey’s ‘Hemalkasa’ on the closing night film of the fifth edition of the festival here on July 17.
The film narrates the inspirational stories of Magsasay Award winning couple Dr Prakash Baba Amte and Mandakini Amte, who dedicated their lives towards improving the lot of the tribal people in Western India.
“I appreciate the LIFF selection committee because by selecting Hemalkasa they have shown that only an expert
jeweller has an eye for a real diamond. I believe here LIFF is the real expert jeweller.
“This is not merely a film but an inspirational message for the world and hence I am here at LIFF. Otherwise usually I avoid accepting film festival invitations. My friends, if you miss the film, the loss is yours,” Patekar said.
- Shah Rukh Khan On Raees Clash With Kaabil: It’s Impossible To Have A Solo Release In India
- US-President Elect Donald Trump Named TIME’s Person Of The Year 2016
- O. Panneerselvam: 10 Things You Need To Know
- PM Narendra Modi Slams Opposition For Not Letting Parliament Function
- Nawazuddin Siddiqui On Working In Raees: Was Nervous To Shoot With Shah Rukh Khan
- Bathinda Dancer Murder: Video Showing Accused Opening Fire At Marriage
- 5 Lesser Known Facts About Sasikala Natarajan
- Congress Leader Shashi Tharoor’s Delhi Home Burgled: Here’s What Happened
- Reserve Bank Of India Keeps Repo Rate Unchanged Post Demonetisation
- Bigg Boss 10 Dec 06 Review: Swami Om Pees In Kitchen
- Lenovo k6 Power Video Review
- Bigg Boss 10 December 5 Review: Manveer Calls Swami Om ‘kachdaa’
- PM Narendra Modi Declared Winner Of TIME Magazine’s Person Of The Year – Reader’s Poll
- Paneerselvam sworn in as new Chief Minister of Tamil Nadu
- Tamil Nadu CM J Jayalalithaa Passes Away After Suffering Cardiac Arrest
Director Porey, winner of India’s prestigious National Award for ‘Mala Aai Vahhaychy’, said, “It is an extremely
proud feeling that Hemalkasa my first Bollywood film is selected at LIFF for the most prestigious closing show. This is not only a film but also a dream, which I saw for thousands of needy people. LIFF selection is a first step towards start fulfilling it. I have truly poured my soul into it.”
‘Hemalkasa’ premieres on July 17 at the Cineworld Haymarket. Patekar will walk the red carpet with Porey and other special guests and will participate in a Q&A after the screening.
The festival opened with a screening of ‘Sold’, executive produced by Emma Thompson, and starring Gillian Anderson.