Nana Patekar urged people not to heed Bollywood actors as they are trivial when compared to the country. The actor was speaking about a call to ban Pakistani actors in the aftermath of Uri attack in which 18 soldiers were killed.
Nana Patekar said that matter of Pakistani actors working in India is mere trifle when it comes to country. “I don’t know anything else other than my country. An artiste is very small in front of a country. As artistes, we don’t have value when it comes to country,” said Patekar during an interaction with the media on Sunday.
Watch what Nana Patekar said on banning Pakistani artistes
- Ae Dil Hai Mushkil Audience Reaction: Ranbir, Aishwarya, Anushka Starrer Gets A Thumbs Up
- Bigg Boss 10, October 27 Review: Navin, Lokesh Fights During The Immunity Task
- Shivaay Audience Reaction: Ajay Devgn Impresses Viewers
- Pakistan High Commission Staffer Caught With Defence Documents: What It Means For India & Pakistan
- The Royal Opera House Reopens After Decades Of Neglect: Here’s A Quick Tour
- Tata Sons Rubbishes Cyrus Mistry’s Allegations: Here’s What Happened
- Pakistan High Commissioner denies allegations leveled on his staffer for espionage activities
- Odisha: Villagers Refuse To Cremate Dalit Woman’s Body
- Here’s What Farhan Akhtar Said On Karan Johar-MNS ‘Deal’ Over Ae Dil Hai Mushkil’s Release
- Government’s Diwali Gift to Central Government Employees, Pensioners
- Bigg Boss 10 26th October Review: This Episode Is All About Fights
- New Zealand Beat India By 19 Runs In Ranchi; Series Levelled At 2-2
- DND Toll-Free: Noida Toll Company Moves Supreme Court Against Allahabad High Court
- British PM Theresa May Says Kashmir Is A Matter For India, Pakistan To Sort Out
- J&K: Students Suffer As Schools Along LOC Forced To Shut Amid Firing
Patekar also made it clear that the country comes first for him. ” I was in the army and have spent two and half years there. I know who are our biggest heroes. No one can be a bigger hero than our jawans. Our jawans are our real heroes,” said Patekar.
When asked about how Bollywood is divided on the issue, Patekar said, “We actors are trivial and insignificant. Please don’t pay attention to what we say.”
Patekar didn’t take any names of those who have different opinions. However, he said, ” I am talking about those people only. They don’t have the status to comment on these issues.”
Salman Khan had earlier said “They (Pakistani Actors) are artists, not terrorists. It’s the government who gives them work permits and visas. Art and terrorism should not be mixed.”
Giving a backlash, the Shiv Sena on Saturday said that Salman too should migrate to Pakistan if he likes the Pakistani actors so much.
MNS chief Raj Thackeray, at a press conference, spoke at length about the matter. Taking the war of words to a level higher, Raj said “Are we short of artists in our country? Why do we need Pakistani artists to work in our films? I don’t understand. Jawans are fighting for us at borders.What’ll happen if they decide to put down their weapons? Who’ll guard our borders? Salman Khan? These artists should realise ‘Nation first’. If they have so much problem, we will ban their movies too”.