Raj Kapoor’s grandson Armaan Jain, who is making his Bollywood debut in ‘Lekar Hum Deewana Dil’, has revealed that he took 200 takes to get a slap scene correct in the love story.
The newcomer said he never got slapped by his mother Reema (Raj Kapoor’s daughter) so he could not get the right expression for the scene.
“I know slapping a son in a Bollywood film is quite common but for me it was not easy. My mom has never slapped me probably because I was one of the most decent kids. She kept me in a dark room if she was annoyed… But she never raised her hand. I was shocked when Anitaji (onscreen mother) slapped me for the first time,” Armaan told reporters.
Armaan belongs to Bollywood’s first film family but he said he never took help from any of his actor cousins – Ranbir, Karisma and Kareena — to get his first break in the industry.
‘Lekar Hum Deewana Dil’, also starring Deeksha Seth, has been directed by Arif Ali while Kareena’s husband Saif Ali Khan has co-produced the film. The film will release this Friday.
- Soon You Could Get Plastic Currency Notes: Find Out More
- Ranveer Singh and Vaani Kapoor Starrer Befikre Gets A Thumbs Up
- Supreme Court Seeks Centre’s Response Over Various Issues Regarding Demonetisation
- Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar Writes To West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee
- Bigg Boss 10 December 8 Review: Swami Om Feels Cheated, lashes Out At Gaurav For Jail Punishment
- South Korean President Park Geun-Hye Impeached Over Corruption Scandal
- Former Air Chief SP Tyagi Arrested In VVIP Chopper Scam
- After Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi, Liquor Baron Vijay Mallya’s Twitter Account Hacked
- Find Out What PM Narendra Modi Told Cabinet Over Demonetisation Decision
- Home Minister Rajnath Singh Assures Safety Of All Tourists Stranded On Havelock Island
- Government To Waive Service Tax On Debit, Credit Card Transactions Of Up To Rs 2,000
- President Pranab Mukherjee Criticises Parliament Disruptions Over Demonetisation
- Pakistan International Airlines Flight Carrying Over 40 Passenger On Board Crashes
- Shah Rukh Khan On Raees Clash With Kaabil: It’s Impossible To Have A Solo Release In India
- US-President Elect Donald Trump Named TIME’s Person Of The Year 2016
Armaan says he bagged the role in Saif’s production on his own and shared the news later with Kareena.
“People think that when we cousins meet we talk about films but it’s a misconception. We talk about everything under the sun but films.
“I gave the audition for ‘Lekar Hum Deewana Dil’ without telling any one in the family. When Arif sir selected me for the film, I called up didi (Kareena) and broke the news to her that I am the next actor of their production,” he said.
Though he was born after the death of Raj Kapoor, Armaan says his mother kept his grandfather’s memory alive through his films.
“My mother always shares stories of my grandfather. My masi (Ritu Nanda) had also written a book on him and we all read it. As a kid, I used to watch his films like ‘Mera Naam Joker’ and I used to think he was a clown in real life too,” he said.