Unlike other famous detective films like Sherlock Holmes, actress Vidya Balan said her character in the Hindi film ‘Bobby Jasoos’ did not know it all.
“All detectives know everything. But Bobby doesn’t know it all. There is this child like joy in discovering things in her. I think this not-miss-know-it-all sets her apart from all other detectives,” Vidya Balan told reporters here.
She was asked to differentiate between her detective character of ‘Bobby’ and other fictional detectives like Sherlock Holmes, Felu da and others.
- The Royal Opera House Reopens After Decades Of Neglect: Here’s A Quick Tour
- Tata Sons Rubbishes Cyrus Mistry’s Allegations: Here’s What Happened
- Pakistan High Commissioner denies allegations leveled on his staffer for espionage activities
- Odisha: Villagers Refuse To Cremate Dalit Woman’s Body
- Here’s What Farhan Akhtar Said On Karan Johar-MNS ‘Deal’ Over Ae Dil Hai Mushkil’s Release
- Government’s Diwali Gift to Central Government Employees, Pensioners
- Bigg Boss 10 26th October Review: This Episode Is All About Fights
- New Zealand Beat India By 19 Runs In Ranchi; Series Levelled At 2-2
- DND Toll-Free: Noida Toll Company Moves Supreme Court Against Allahabad High Court
- British PM Theresa May Says Kashmir Is A Matter For India, Pakistan To Sort Out
- J&K: Students Suffer As Schools Along LOC Forced To Shut Amid Firing
- Jayalalithaa’s Health: AIADMK Women Supporters Continue Special Prayers For CM
- HTC Desire 10 Lifestyle First Look Video
- Fissures Remain Within Samajwadi Party: All You Need To Know
- Big Cheer For Delhi-Noida Commuters, DND Flyway Becomes Toll Free
She said her character was street smart, quick witted and sharp, but like a child.
Vidya Balan also drew a parallel with the character and her real life story.
“Vidya and Bobby are the same as both wanted to do something unusual. They had no one to guide them in their careers. Bobby is spunky, lively and innocent and I did
identify with her,” she said.
On the story of the film she said its not just about a detective’s life.
“Its a human story. It is about a girl who has the aspirations and the courage to do something different,” Vidya Balan said, adding that she had also done a couple of action scenes in the film which included jumping and beating up someone.
Asked about the scope of women oriented films in Bollywood, the actress who has shouldered hit films like ‘Kahaani’ and ‘The Dirty Picture’ said the opportunities were
“We have exciting new age writers and directors today. The scope and definition of women centric films is expanding slowly. Year after year the opportunities are getting better,” she said.