Unlike other famous detective films like Sherlock Holmes, actress Vidya Balan said her character in the Hindi film ‘Bobby Jasoos’ did not know it all.
“All detectives know everything. But Bobby doesn’t know it all. There is this child like joy in discovering things in her. I think this not-miss-know-it-all sets her apart from all other detectives,” Vidya Balan told reporters here.
She was asked to differentiate between her detective character of ‘Bobby’ and other fictional detectives like Sherlock Holmes, Felu da and others.
She said her character was street smart, quick witted and sharp, but like a child.
Vidya Balan also drew a parallel with the character and her real life story.
- Home Minister Rajnath Singh Assures Safety Of All Tourists Stranded On Havelock Island
- Government To Waive Service Tax On Debit, Credit Card Transactions Of Up To Rs 2,000
- President Pranab Mukherjee Criticises Parliament Disruptions Over Demonetisation
- Pakistan International Airlines Flight Carrying Over 40 Passenger On Board Crashes
- Shah Rukh Khan On Raees Clash With Kaabil: It’s Impossible To Have A Solo Release In India
- US-President Elect Donald Trump Named TIME’s Person Of The Year 2016
- O. Panneerselvam: 10 Things You Need To Know
- PM Narendra Modi Slams Opposition For Not Letting Parliament Function
- Nawazuddin Siddiqui On Working In Raees: Was Nervous To Shoot With Shah Rukh Khan
- Bathinda Dancer Murder: Video Showing Accused Opening Fire At Marriage
- 5 Lesser Known Facts About Sasikala Natarajan
- Congress Leader Shashi Tharoor’s Delhi Home Burgled: Here’s What Happened
- Reserve Bank Of India Keeps Repo Rate Unchanged Post Demonetisation
- Bigg Boss 10 Dec 06 Review: Swami Om Pees In Kitchen
- Lenovo k6 Power Video Review
“Vidya and Bobby are the same as both wanted to do something unusual. They had no one to guide them in their careers. Bobby is spunky, lively and innocent and I did
identify with her,” she said.
On the story of the film she said its not just about a detective’s life.
“Its a human story. It is about a girl who has the aspirations and the courage to do something different,” Vidya Balan said, adding that she had also done a couple of action scenes in the film which included jumping and beating up someone.
Asked about the scope of women oriented films in Bollywood, the actress who has shouldered hit films like ‘Kahaani’ and ‘The Dirty Picture’ said the opportunities were
“We have exciting new age writers and directors today. The scope and definition of women centric films is expanding slowly. Year after year the opportunities are getting better,” she said.