For a crucial sequence in the forthcoming biopic “Mary Kom”, based on the life of Olympic bronze medallist boxer M.C. Mary Kom, Priyanka Chopra went for a bald look. The actress says it was her “responsibility” to do justice to her character.
Priyanka’s bold look can be seen even in the film’s promos.
PHOTOS: Priyanka Chopra back to her chic look for ‘Mary Kom’ trailer launch
The versatile actress says she was very excited about it – so much so that she was all around the film’s set in that look.
- Varun Gandhi Under Attack Over Defence Deals: Here’s How
- This Diwali, Let Blind Students Brighten Up your Homes With Candles & Diyas
- CBI Files Supplementary Chargesheet In Sheena Bora Murder Case
- Soha Ali Khan And Vir Das Starrer 31st October Audience Reaction
- Sahara Chief Subrata Roy’s Parole Extended Till November 28
- Simple Tips To Secure Your Debit Card From Fraudsters
- New Zealand & India Team Being Welcomed In Chandigarh
- Mumbai Call Centre Scam: All You Need To Know
- Jammu Kashmir Chief Minister Mehbooba Mufti Appeals To Police: Here’s What She Said
- Shocker From Ahmedabad: Find Out What Happened
- Bigg Boss 10 Day 3 Review: Celebs Fail To Do Well in First Task
- Airtel Offers 10GB Data At Rs 259 For New 4G Smartphone Users
- Aamir Khan Starrer Dangal’s Trailer Launched: First Impressions
- TMC Supporters Attack BJP Leader Babul Supriyo
- Sri Lankan Navy Apprehends 20 Indian Fishermen
“Mary has done it (gone bald) in her life. This is an authentic scene in the film and I was very excited about it,” Priyanka said here Wednesday at the launch of the film’s trailer.
“First of all I am an actor, so as an actor it is my responsibility that whatever character I take up I do it with honesty. This is always my personal challenge that I set for myself that how differently I can portray all my characters. So I was not at all hesitant, in fact I was very excited,” she added.
Will she ever go bald in real life?
“Never say never. I always surprise myself, so you never know,” the 32-year-old said.
Produced by Sanjay Leela Bhansali and helmed by Omung Kumar, “Mary Kom” will hit the theatres Sep 5.