Abhay Deol’s support to Shankar-Ehsaan-Loy, the composers of his upcoming film ‘One By Two’, has earned him appreciation from the music fraternity.
Deol, who is making his debut as a producer with ‘One By Two’, said he was not happy the way music label T-series is marketing the film. During the recently held Screen awards, he was spotted with a ‘black eye’ as a symbol of protest.
Deol said that the music giant is not releasing music of his new film because Shankar-Ehsaan-Loy insisted on not signing an “illegal” clause concerned with the copyright of film’s music.
- Mumbai’s Haji Ali Dargah Trust to SC: Ready to give women access to sanctum sanctorum
- Samajwadi Party Crisis: 5 Quotes By Mulayam Singh Yadav At Press Conference
- Ae Dil Hai Mushkil Vs Shivaay: What Delhites Pick
- Supreme Court Directs Vijay Mallya To Fully Disclose Foreign Assets In 4 Weeks
- 5 Reasons To Watch Ae Dil Hai Mushkil
- BSP Supremo Mayawati Criticises PM Modi Over Triple Talaq: Here’s What She Said
- Google Pixel XL Phone Review: Pros, Cons And Final Verdict
- Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar Says Army donation Is Voluntary
- Rock On 2 Trailer Launch: Farhan Akhtar, Shraddha Kapoor, Prachi Desai On Their Roles
- Cyrus Mistry’s Career Timeline
- Stalker Kills Woman At Metro Station In Gurgaon: Here’s What Happened
- Bigg Boss 10 October 24 Review: Seven Contestants Nominated For Evictions
- Power Struggle In Mulayam’s Party: Here’s What People Reacted
- 1 Dead, 5 Injured In Low Intensity Explosion In Delhi’s Naya Bazaar Area
- Delhi: Naya Bazar Explosion Cctv Footage
Now, musicians including Sonu Nigam, Sunidhi Chauhan, Kailash Kher, Vishal-Shekhar, Shankar-Ehsaan-Loy and others have come out to support Deol.
“Big respect!! Thank you for your support and Whatever happens whether the music releases or not @OneByTwoFilm needs all your support people !!!! please RT !!,” the music trio tweeted.
“Its encouraging to see someone at least standing up for the Music fraternity,” tweeted singer Sonu Nigam.
“Appreciate Abhay Deol’s Stand, he had choice but he chose to save art and artistes from illegal contracts. Hope all actors producers join this,” vocalist Kailash Kher shared on the micro-blogging website.
“Hats Off to you Mr Abhay Deol! I’m speechless at your stand. Respect. Always,” singer Sunidhi Chauhan tweeted. “Today, Abhay Deol has shown he is a man of principles and courage. He’s won the admiration and thanks of the entire film music fraternity,” music director and singer Vishal Dadlani posted on Twitter.
“We need to revolutionize the work ethics of indian music industry!!! No more illegal contracts… Boycott the music Mafia!!,” tweeted Alisha Chinai.