Music director Aadesh Shrivastava, who was in critical condition and undergoing treatment for cancer, passed away in Mumbai on Saturday at 12:30 am, a day after he turned 51.
Aadesh Shrivastava was being treated at Kokilaben Dhirubhai Ambani Hospital for the past 42 days and had been putting up a fierce fight against the disease. He had reportedly shown signs of improvement, impressing the doctors and medial specialists.
Aadesh, whose cancer relapsed for the third time, received an outpouring of support from Bollywood including Shah Rukh Khan and Aishwarya Rai Bachchan who visited him at the hospital on Tuesday (September 2). Producer Ramesh Taurani, Shekhar Kapur, Suchitra Krishnamoorthy, Poonam Dhillon, Anu Mallik, Jaspinder Narula and Abhijeet had also dropped in to visit the singer.
Aadesh Shrivastava had been diagnosed with cancer five years ago. In an interview, it was revealed that the singer altered his lifestyle after his first diagnosis in 2011 and started practicing yoga. Though he did not smoke, he also quit drinking.
Burdened with financial troubles due to heavy medical bills, Aadesh apparently had to sell his hummer in order to get things back on track.
- Vijeta Pandit breaks down at Aadesh Shrivastava’s prayer meet
- Music composer Aadesh Shrivastava’s last rites held in Mumbai
- Amitabh Bachchan expresses grief over music composer Aadesh Shrivastava’s death
- Music composer Aadesh Shrivastava dies of cancer, a look at his journey in the industry
- Bollywood mourns Aadesh Shrivastava’s death on Twitter
- Remembering Aadesh Shrivastava: Rare photos of the composer from Express archives
His body is being kept at Kokilaben hospital as of now. The funeral will take place today at 12:30 pm at Oshiwara Crematorium, Andheri West.
Aadesh, who rose to fame with his musical compositions for films like ‘Chalte Chalte’, ‘Baabul’, ‘Baghban’, ‘Kabhie Khushi Kabhie Gham…’ and ‘Rajneeti’ among others, also sang a number of songs including ‘Sona sona’, ‘Shava shava’, ‘Gustakhiyaan’ and ‘Gur nalon ishq mitha’.