Mumbai Police today recorded the statement of Bollywood actress Preity Zinta in connection with the molestation case she has registered against her former boyfriend and industrialist Ness Wadia.
The actress accompanied by her lawyer reached the Wankhede Stadium in south Mumbai at about 6.40 PM, where tight security arrangements were made by the police to handle the media and the crowd of onlookers.
Marine Drive Police recorded her statement, for more than one and half hours, with regard to the case while crime branch recorded her statement in connection with the threat calls received by Wadia’s secretaries, allegedly from gangster Ravi Pujari.
- Twitter War Between Congress Leader Amarinder Singh & Delhi CM Arvind Kejriwal
- Life Of Actor-Dancer Ashwini Ekbote Who Died During A Performance
- Idea Exchange With Gurmeet Ram Rahim Singh
- PM Narendra Modi Bats For Equal Rights : Here What He Said On Triple Talaq
- Uncle Shivpal Targets Akhilesh, Claims CM Told Him He Will Form Another Party
- Pakistan Continues To Violate Ceasefire In RS Pura
- Samajwadi Party’s internal fight divides SP
- Cyrus Mistry Removed As Chairman of Tata Sons: Here’s What Happened
- Wreath Laying Ceremony Of Slain Soldier Sushil Kumar Observed
- Virat Kohli Powers India Home With Unbeaten 154
- Pakistan Resorts To Heavy Mortar Shelling, 1 BSF Jawan Dead, 3 Injured
- Bigg Boss 10 Weekend Ka Vaar: Priyanka Jagga Evicted
- Here’s How Much Army Welfare Fund Has After MNS Demanded Rs 5 Cr To Cast Pak Artistes
- Shiv Sena Chief Uddhav Thackeray Take A Jibe At MNS: Here’s What He Said
- Samajwadi Party Crisis Deepens: Here’s How It Will Impact UP Polls
She recorded the statement at BCCI office on the stadium premises till 8.20 PM. Later, for about 20 minutes, she also helped the police to reconstruct the sequence of events inside the stadium that led to the alleged incident, for the purpose of the probe. The actress was forthcoming in her replies, said an officer privy to the investigation.
Investigators sought to know from the 39-year-old co-owner of Kings XI Punjab the exact spot where the alleged incident took place, and who were around at the time. In her written complaint to police, Zinta has claimed that “I left for my seat, but he (Ness) came up to me at my seat and started screaming and abusing me in front of everyone”.
“We want to know where she was sitting and who were these ‘everyone’ she is referring to,” the officer said. According to police, Preity had mentioned three arguments with Wadia in her complaint at three different places inside the Wankhede Stadium on May 30. During one of them, the alleged molestation took place.
Police sought answers from her to figure out these three locations, who may have spotted them while arguing, and what was the trigger for the spat. Police also asked her about the emails she had exchanged with Wadia before May 30 which had a sense of argument between the two.