Mumbai Police today recorded the statement of Bollywood actress Preity Zinta in connection with the molestation case she has registered against her former boyfriend and industrialist Ness Wadia.
The actress accompanied by her lawyer reached the Wankhede Stadium in south Mumbai at about 6.40 PM, where tight security arrangements were made by the police to handle the media and the crowd of onlookers.
Marine Drive Police recorded her statement, for more than one and half hours, with regard to the case while crime branch recorded her statement in connection with the threat calls received by Wadia’s secretaries, allegedly from gangster Ravi Pujari.
She recorded the statement at BCCI office on the stadium premises till 8.20 PM. Later, for about 20 minutes, she also helped the police to reconstruct the sequence of events inside the stadium that led to the alleged incident, for the purpose of the probe. The actress was forthcoming in her replies, said an officer privy to the investigation.
Investigators sought to know from the 39-year-old co-owner of Kings XI Punjab the exact spot where the alleged incident took place, and who were around at the time. In her written complaint to police, Zinta has claimed that “I left for my seat, but he (Ness) came up to me at my seat and started screaming and abusing me in front of everyone”.
- Home Minister Rajnath Singh Assures Safety Of All Tourists Stranded On Havelock Island
- Government To Waive Service Tax On Debit, Credit Card Transactions Of Up To Rs 2,000
- President Pranab Mukherjee Criticises Parliament Disruptions Over Demonetisation
- Pakistan International Airlines Flight Carrying Over 40 Passenger On Board Crashes
- Shah Rukh Khan On Raees Clash With Kaabil: It’s Impossible To Have A Solo Release In India
- US-President Elect Donald Trump Named TIME’s Person Of The Year 2016
- O. Panneerselvam: 10 Things You Need To Know
- PM Narendra Modi Slams Opposition For Not Letting Parliament Function
- Nawazuddin Siddiqui On Working In Raees: Was Nervous To Shoot With Shah Rukh Khan
- Bathinda Dancer Murder: Video Showing Accused Opening Fire At Marriage
- 5 Lesser Known Facts About Sasikala Natarajan
- Congress Leader Shashi Tharoor’s Delhi Home Burgled: Here’s What Happened
- Reserve Bank Of India Keeps Repo Rate Unchanged Post Demonetisation
- Bigg Boss 10 Dec 06 Review: Swami Om Pees In Kitchen
- Lenovo k6 Power Video Review
“We want to know where she was sitting and who were these ‘everyone’ she is referring to,” the officer said. According to police, Preity had mentioned three arguments with Wadia in her complaint at three different places inside the Wankhede Stadium on May 30. During one of them, the alleged molestation took place.
Police sought answers from her to figure out these three locations, who may have spotted them while arguing, and what was the trigger for the spat. Police also asked her about the emails she had exchanged with Wadia before May 30 which had a sense of argument between the two.