Helmed by Neeraj Pandey, the biopic on cricketer Mahendra Singh Dhoni, which hit theatres on September 30, has earned Rs 129.50 crore in the domestic market. In comparison, “Rustom” and “Airlift”, two of the biggest hits of the year, had netted Rs 127.42 crore and Rs 129 crore, respectively, in India.
Worldwide, the sports film, which traces the journey of one of the most successful captains of Team India, has done a business of over Rs 215 crore.
With this, the biopic has become the second-highest grosser of 2016, behind only Salman Khan’s Sultan.
“We are thrilled that ‘MS Dhoni…’ has become the second-highest grossing movie of 2016. The combination of Brand Dhoni, Sushant’s excellence in portraying the living legend and Neeraj Pandey’s direction, have led to this
“This is overwhelming love for Dhoni and the film, we are grateful to the fans and audiences for this,” Vijay Singh, CEO, Fox Star Studios told PTI. Besides Sushant, the film also featured Disha Patani, Kiara Advani and Anupam Kher.
- Soon You Could Get Plastic Currency Notes: Find Out More
- Ranveer Singh and Vaani Kapoor Starrer Befikre Gets A Thumbs Up
- Supreme Court Seeks Centre’s Response Over Various Issues Regarding Demonetisation
- Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar Writes To West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee
- Bigg Boss 10 December 8 Review: Swami Om Feels Cheated, lashes Out At Gaurav For Jail Punishment
- South Korean President Park Geun-Hye Impeached Over Corruption Scandal
- Former Air Chief SP Tyagi Arrested In VVIP Chopper Scam
- After Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi, Liquor Baron Vijay Mallya’s Twitter Account Hacked
- Find Out What PM Narendra Modi Told Cabinet Over Demonetisation Decision
- Home Minister Rajnath Singh Assures Safety Of All Tourists Stranded On Havelock Island
- Government To Waive Service Tax On Debit, Credit Card Transactions Of Up To Rs 2,000
- President Pranab Mukherjee Criticises Parliament Disruptions Over Demonetisation
- Pakistan International Airlines Flight Carrying Over 40 Passenger On Board Crashes
- Shah Rukh Khan On Raees Clash With Kaabil: It’s Impossible To Have A Solo Release In India
- US-President Elect Donald Trump Named TIME’s Person Of The Year 2016