MS Dhoni The Untold Story starring Sushant Singh Rajput is likely to become the third highest grosser of this year, leaving behind Rustom starring Akshay Kumar. MS Dhoni movie has so far collected Rs 121.48 crore, which is around Rs 6 crores less than Rustom’s lifetime collection. Rustom has collected Rs 127.49 crore, giving Akshay Kumar another hit this year besides Housefull 3.
With no big release till Ae Dil Hai Mushkil and Shivaay land during Diwali, MS Dhoni could easily take over Rustom as the third biggest hit of this year. The movie is doing fairly well even on weekdays. MS Dhoni collected Rs 2.30 crore and Rs 2.27 crore on Wednesday and Thursday. Trade analyst Taran Adarsh tweeted, “#MSDhoniTheUntoldStory added ₹ 27.35 cr in Week 2, taking the 2-week total to ₹ 121.48 cr. India biz. Note: Hindi+Tamil+Telugu versions. HIT.”
Interestingly, top three hits of this year include Airlift and Rustom — both of them having Akshay Kumar in the lead role. It is interesting to note that Salman Khan may have given the biggest hit of this year, Sultan, but it is Akshay who has emerged as the top star power.
- Ae Dil Hai Mushkil Audience Reaction: Ranbir, Aishwarya, Anushka Starrer Gets A Thumbs Up
- Bigg Boss 10, October 27 Review: Navin, Lokesh Fights During The Immunity Task
- Shivaay Audience Reaction: Ajay Devgn Impresses Viewers
- Pakistan High Commission Staffer Caught With Defence Documents: What It Means For India & Pakistan
- The Royal Opera House Reopens After Decades Of Neglect: Here’s A Quick Tour
- Tata Sons Rubbishes Cyrus Mistry’s Allegations: Here’s What Happened
- Pakistan High Commissioner denies allegations leveled on his staffer for espionage activities
- Odisha: Villagers Refuse To Cremate Dalit Woman’s Body
- Here’s What Farhan Akhtar Said On Karan Johar-MNS ‘Deal’ Over Ae Dil Hai Mushkil’s Release
- Government’s Diwali Gift to Central Government Employees, Pensioners
- Bigg Boss 10 26th October Review: This Episode Is All About Fights
- New Zealand Beat India By 19 Runs In Ranchi; Series Levelled At 2-2
- DND Toll-Free: Noida Toll Company Moves Supreme Court Against Allahabad High Court
- British PM Theresa May Says Kashmir Is A Matter For India, Pakistan To Sort Out
- J&K: Students Suffer As Schools Along LOC Forced To Shut Amid Firing
Akshay Kumar’s three releases — Airlift, Rustom and Housefull 3 — have earned a whopping Rs 364.73 crore. Salman comes second with Rs 300.45 crores. Sushant has managed to book the fifth spot on star power list.
MS Dhoni The Untold Story is directed by Neeraj Pandey. The film is based on the life of MS Dhoni. The film also stars Disha Patani, Kiara Advani, Anupam Kher and Bhumika Chawla in important roles. Sushant has garnered rave reviews for his performance in the film.