Neeraj Pandey’s “M.S. Dhoni – The Untold Story”, a biopic on cricket icon Mahendra Singh Dhoni, will now release on September 30 instead of September 2. The makers took the decision to present the film in the “best way”.
“It was a unanimous decision to release the film on September 30. This would give the team some more time to present the film to the audiences in the best way. We in no way wanted to compromise on the visual experience that Neeraj Pandey is set to create with this movie,” Vijay Singh, CEO, Fox Star Studios, said in a statement.
The film stars actor Sushant Singh Rajput in the title role. Its makers are confident that more time will only help in maximising the effect of the movie.
- Planning savings for your annual travel can be extremely interesting
- Jai Lava Kusa box office: The Jr NTR film earns Rs 92 crore
- Crash site of Europe's first lunar mission found
- Sachin Tendulkar along with son Arjun, participate in Swachh Bharat week
- It sequel gets a release date
- A biopic on Indian women's cricket team captain Mithali Raj in the works
“The postponement of the release date by three weeks will only help the post production team to further augment the value proposition of the film. This is one of the most-awaited films of the year and I am sure fans will understand that the marginal delay will only help enhance the visual experience of the end product,” Arun Pandey, Chairman of Rhiti Group-owned Inspired Entertainment, said.
“M.S. Dhoni – The Untold Story” also stars Anupam Kher, Bhoomika Chawla, Kiara Advani, Herry Tangri and Disha Patani