Neeraj Pandey’s “M.S. Dhoni – The Untold Story”, a biopic on cricket icon Mahendra Singh Dhoni, will now release on September 30 instead of September 2. The makers took the decision to present the film in the “best way”.
“It was a unanimous decision to release the film on September 30. This would give the team some more time to present the film to the audiences in the best way. We in no way wanted to compromise on the visual experience that Neeraj Pandey is set to create with this movie,” Vijay Singh, CEO, Fox Star Studios, said in a statement.
The film stars actor Sushant Singh Rajput in the title role. Its makers are confident that more time will only help in maximising the effect of the movie.
- Aiyaary Sneak Peek: This Sidharth Malhotra-Manoj Bajpayee starrer looks like a winner. Watch video
- Regional language film industry is booming, says Neeraj Pandey
- When Sushant Singh Rajput had fan moment with MS Dhoni
- M S Dhoni, Sushant Singh Rajput to unveil trailer of MS Dhoni: The Untold Story across three cities
- Sushant Singh Rajput confirms sequel of Detective Byomkesh Bakshy!
- Sushant Singh Rajput starrer M.S. Dhoni biopic to release on September 2, 2016
“The postponement of the release date by three weeks will only help the post production team to further augment the value proposition of the film. This is one of the most-awaited films of the year and I am sure fans will understand that the marginal delay will only help enhance the visual experience of the end product,” Arun Pandey, Chairman of Rhiti Group-owned Inspired Entertainment, said.
“M.S. Dhoni – The Untold Story” also stars Anupam Kher, Bhoomika Chawla, Kiara Advani, Herry Tangri and Disha Patani