- Ranbir Kapoor stands up for Mahira Khan against trolls, says both smoking and hate are injurious to health
- Celebrities turn up in support of Mahira Khan and Ranbir Kapoor after their photos of smoking together go viral
- Mahira Khan gets trolled by Pakistani fans for ‘smoking’ with Ranbir Kapoor, wearing ‘short’ dress
He’s always guarded when speaking about his romantic relationships — but one “love” Ranbir Kapoor is always willing to shower compliments on is his mother Neetu Kapoor.
Ranbir Kapoor told IANS: “I don’t believe in Mother’s Day. A mother is always our first love, and our last love, and there’s no greater relationship than a child and mother.
- Kerala minister Thomas Chandy rejects encroachment charges; opposition press for resignation
- Shiv Sena take to streets against inflation, fuel price hike
- India vs Australia, 3rd ODI: India look to seal the deal in Indore
- Angela Merkel wants campaign to reach undecided voters in last push
- No one saw Jayalalithaa in hospital, Sasikala's relatives said she was 'all right': TN minister
- Beware of 'fake' samajwadis, Akhilesh Yadav tells party members
“We are what we are because of our mother. And I hope I can keep my mother happy, smiling and positive always, and that she enjoys all her life. That’s my top priority.”
Son of veteran actors Rishi Kapoor and Neetu Kapoor, he makes no bones about admitting that he has been “closer to my mom”.
“My dad had a busy life and the kind of personality he had… didn’t match my temperament. So, we didn’t have a buddy-buddy relationship, but I am grateful for my father’s energy in my life because it keeps me on my toes. He’s my reality check, he’s someone I have to make proud.
“He’s not easily swayed, and he speaks his mind. And it’s a relationship I deeply respect — I hope I can keep his head flying,” added the 32-year-old, who is currently awaiting the release of his “most intense film” — Anurag Kashyap’s “Bombay Velvet”.