He’s always guarded when speaking about his romantic relationships — but one “love” Ranbir Kapoor is always willing to shower compliments on is his mother Neetu Kapoor.
Ranbir Kapoor told IANS: “I don’t believe in Mother’s Day. A mother is always our first love, and our last love, and there’s no greater relationship than a child and mother.
- Photos: Ranbir Kapoor celebrated his 10 years in Bollywood with mother Neetu Kapoor in Berlin
- Here's what Ranveer Singh has to say about Ranbir Kapoor-Mahira Khan's viral photos
- Amitabh Bachchan roped in for Ranbir Kapoor and Alia Bhatt's superhero film
- Birthday wishes pour in for Ranbir Kapoor and Reema Jain
- Celebrities turn up in support of Mahira Khan and Ranbir Kapoor after their photos of smoking together go viral
- Ranbir doesn’t talk much about his girlfriend with us: Rishi Kapoor
“We are what we are because of our mother. And I hope I can keep my mother happy, smiling and positive always, and that she enjoys all her life. That’s my top priority.”
Son of veteran actors Rishi Kapoor and Neetu Kapoor, he makes no bones about admitting that he has been “closer to my mom”.
“My dad had a busy life and the kind of personality he had… didn’t match my temperament. So, we didn’t have a buddy-buddy relationship, but I am grateful for my father’s energy in my life because it keeps me on my toes. He’s my reality check, he’s someone I have to make proud.
“He’s not easily swayed, and he speaks his mind. And it’s a relationship I deeply respect — I hope I can keep his head flying,” added the 32-year-old, who is currently awaiting the release of his “most intense film” — Anurag Kashyap’s “Bombay Velvet”.