Actor Sidharth Malhotra, who will be seen in a grey character in romantic thriller “Ek Villain”, says he agreed to do the film because of director Mohit Suri, an expert in the genre.
“Firstly, I loved the story of the film. Secondly, Mohit Suri, the director of the film, I think he is most suited for such genre,” Sidharth said in an interview.
“Had this script involved a new director, I would not have gone for the film. I think Mohit was the right choice for the film. I was so excited because there was so much new to be done and explored,” he added.
- Varun Gandhi Under Attack Over Defence Deals: Here’s How
- This Diwali, Let Blind Students Brighten Up your Homes With Candles & Diyas
- CBI Files Supplementary Chargesheet In Sheena Bora Murder Case
- Soha Ali Khan And Vir Das Starrer 31st October Audience Reaction
- Sahara Chief Subrata Roy’s Parole Extended Till November 28
- Simple Tips To Secure Your Debit Card From Fraudsters
- New Zealand & India Team Being Welcomed In Chandigarh
- Mumbai Call Centre Scam: All You Need To Know
- Jammu Kashmir Chief Minister Mehbooba Mufti Appeals To Police: Here’s What She Said
- Shocker From Ahmedabad: Find Out What Happened
- Bigg Boss 10 Day 3 Review: Celebs Fail To Do Well in First Task
- Airtel Offers 10GB Data At Rs 259 For New 4G Smartphone Users
- Aamir Khan Starrer Dangal’s Trailer Launched: First Impressions
- TMC Supporters Attack BJP Leader Babul Supriyo
- Sri Lankan Navy Apprehends 20 Indian Fishermen
The 29-year-old’s dark and intense character in the film is an antithesis to his romantic and lover boy image in his previous two films – ‘Student of the Year’ and ‘Hasee Toh Phasee’.
Sidharth is confident that the audience will be surprised to see him in such a character.
“I think when people do not expect you to do something unusual and that time only you come out with something like that, a surprise factor is likely to come up and this is what I like the most,” the actor said.
Why did you choose to play such a grey character so early in your career?
“There is no time bounding that I should play such character today or tomorrow. Whether I do this film or the films of other genre, there is no guarantee whether that film will work or not.
“I think every film involves a risk,” he added.
‘Ek Villain’, an Ekta Kapoor production, also features Shradhha Kapoor and Riteish Deshmukh.
It will hit the theatres June 27.