Actor Sidharth Malhotra, who will be seen in a grey character in romantic thriller “Ek Villain”, says he agreed to do the film because of director Mohit Suri, an expert in the genre.
“Firstly, I loved the story of the film. Secondly, Mohit Suri, the director of the film, I think he is most suited for such genre,” Sidharth said in an interview.
“Had this script involved a new director, I would not have gone for the film. I think Mohit was the right choice for the film. I was so excited because there was so much new to be done and explored,” he added.
The 29-year-old’s dark and intense character in the film is an antithesis to his romantic and lover boy image in his previous two films – ‘Student of the Year’ and ‘Hasee Toh Phasee’.
Sidharth is confident that the audience will be surprised to see him in such a character.
- Lenovo k6 Power Video Review
- Bigg Boss 10 December 5 Review: Manveer Calls Swam Om ‘kachdaa’
- PM Narendra Modi Declared Winner Of TIME Magazine’s Person Of The Year – Reader’s Poll
- Paneerselvam sworn in as new Chief Minister of Tamil Nadu
- Tamil Nadu CM J Jayalalithaa Passes Away After Suffering Cardiac Arrest
- J.Jayalalithaa’s Life Journey
- Here’s Why Delhi-NCR Gets Pollution Code On Lines Of Beijing
- PM Modi Is More Interested In TRP Politics Rahul Gandhi At Congress Parliamentary Meet
- Bigg Boss 10 December 1 Review: Priyanka Jagga Succeeds In Her Divide And Rule Strategy
- Kahaani 2 Audience Reaction: Vidya Balan Starrer Thriller Gets Mixed Reviews
- Find Out What PM Modi Said About Demonetisation On LinkedIn
- Row Over West Bengal ”Military Coup” Issue Escalates: Who Said What
- Here’s How Mohammad Kaif Replied To Virender Sehwag’s Birthday Wish On Twitter
- West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee’s Flight Reportedly Had Low Fuel: Here’s What Happened
- Reliance Jio Welcome Offer Extended Till March 31, JioMoney Launched
“I think when people do not expect you to do something unusual and that time only you come out with something like that, a surprise factor is likely to come up and this is what I like the most,” the actor said.
Why did you choose to play such a grey character so early in your career?
“There is no time bounding that I should play such character today or tomorrow. Whether I do this film or the films of other genre, there is no guarantee whether that film will work or not.
“I think every film involves a risk,” he added.
‘Ek Villain’, an Ekta Kapoor production, also features Shradhha Kapoor and Riteish Deshmukh.
It will hit the theatres June 27.