Mumbai police have heaved a sigh of relief with the missing documents pertaining to the 2002 hit-and-run case against Salman Khan being found at Bandra police station.
The documents were found on Tuesday (August 26) at Bandra police station, Mumbai Police Commissioner Rakesh Maria said today.
“We have initiated an inquiry as to how the papers went missing. Action will be taken against policemen because of whom the documents had gone missing for a few days,” he said.
The documents contain important information relating to the case, the case diary and statements of witnesses, police said. Somebody might have shifted the documents from the record room during the renovation of the police station after which they were not traceable, sources said.
On August 21, Bandra police had informed the sessions court holding a fresh trial in the case that the documents related to witnesses’ statements and the case diary had gone missing. The court had directed the police to locate the documents by September 12.
- Here’s Why Delhi-NCR Gets Pollution Code On Lines Of Beijing
- PM Modi Is More Interested In TRP Politics Rahul Gandhi At Congress Parliamentary Meet
- Bigg Boss 10 December 1 Review: Priyanka Jagga Succeeds In Her Divide And Rule Strategy
- Kahaani 2 Audience Reaction: Vidya Balan Starrer Thriller Gets Mixed Reviews
- Find Out What PM Modi Said About Demonetisation On LinkedIn
- Row Over West Bengal ”Military Coup” Issue Escalates: Who Said What
- Here’s How Mohammad Kaif Replied To Virender Sehwag’s Birthday Wish On Twitter
- West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee’s Flight Reportedly Had Low Fuel: Here’s What Happened
- Reliance Jio Welcome Offer Extended Till March 31, JioMoney Launched
- Uri Attackers Came From Pakistan, Establishes Digital Data
- Bigg Boss 10 Nov 30 Episode Review: Captaincy Brings Differences In Manoj Punjabi & Manveer Gurjar
- Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi’s Official Twitter Handle Hacked
- After Rahul Gandhi’s Twitter Handle, Congress Official Twitter Account Hacked
- 3 Dead As Army Helicopter Crashes In Sukna In West Bengal
- BJP, Congress Engage In War Of Words Over Nagrota Attack: Find Out More
On September 28, 2002, the actor’s car had run over a group of people sleeping on the pavement outside a Bandra bakery, killing one and injuring four.