Rakeysh Omprakash Mehra’s film Mirzya hasn’t been able to impress the audience so far. The numbers tell this more clearly. The film has collected a mere Rs. 2.20 crore on the first day and on its day 2 the collections were even lesser. Harshvardhan Kapoor and Saiyami Kher are making their debut with this movie. Good music, vibrant cinematography and use of popular folk tale haven’t managed to do any good to the movie in terms of box office numbers.
Bollywood trade analyst Taran Adarsh shared Mirzya’s latest box office collections. He tweeted, “#Mirzya FAILS to witness growth on Day 2… DECLINED on Sat, after a DISMAL Fri… Fri 2.20 cr, Sat 2.10 cr. Total: ₹ 4.30 cr. India biz.”
Why does Sahiban break Mirza’s arrows? That was the question which motivated Rakeysh Omprakash Mehra and Gulzar to make a Punjabi folk tale into a movie. But, if only the audience could have been as innocent as Mirza. Mehra cleverly tries to give a modern facade to Mirza-Sahiban legend, but couldn’t quite do so. He sets the story in present-day Rajasthan but fails to explore the nuances and layers of the story.
- The Royal Opera House Reopens After Decades Of Neglect: Here’s A Quick Tour
- Tata Sons Rubbishes Cyrus Mistry’s Allegations: Here’s What Happened
- Pakistan High Commissioner denies allegations leveled on his staffer for espionage activities
- Odisha: Villagers Refuse To Cremate Dalit Woman’s Body
- Here’s What Farhan Akhtar Said On Karan Johar-MNS ‘Deal’ Over Ae Dil Hai Mushkil’s Release
- Government’s Diwali Gift to Central Government Employees, Pensioners
- Bigg Boss 10 26th October Review: This Episode Is All About Fights
- New Zealand Beat India By 19 Runs In Ranchi; Series Levelled At 2-2
- DND Toll-Free: Noida Toll Company Moves Supreme Court Against Allahabad High Court
- British PM Theresa May Says Kashmir Is A Matter For India, Pakistan To Sort Out
- J&K: Students Suffer As Schools Along LOC Forced To Shut Amid Firing
- Jayalalithaa’s Health: AIADMK Women Supporters Continue Special Prayers For CM
- HTC Desire 10 Lifestyle First Look Video
- Fissures Remain Within Samajwadi Party: All You Need To Know
- Big Cheer For Delhi-Noida Commuters, DND Flyway Becomes Toll Free
Mehra fails to answer – what led Sahiban to break the arrows of Mirza. He just doesn’t delve into scratching Sahiban’s character in the film. It would have been interesting to see the dilemma and confusion of a woman who is in love with two men at the same time. Then, there are songs and dances which are infused in the films to make it look grand and glittery.
Check Mirzya’s box office collection by day 2:
#Mirzya FAILS to witness growth on Day 2… DECLINED on Sat, after a DISMAL Fri… Fri 2.20 cr, Sat 2.10 cr. Total: ₹ 4.30 cr. India biz.
— taran adarsh (@taran_adarsh) October 9, 2016
Capturing the complexities of a modern relationship on screen is a tricky task. And when one wants to fit a folk tale in today’s time, challenges become humongous. The audience is clearly not convinced.