Filmmaker Prakash Jha says that he attempted acting when he got the confidence for it and might consider music direction if he gets a similar confidence.
“It wasn’t since beginning that I wanted to become an actor. You have to be very engaged, because I also have to handle direction, production and writing, and there are numerous tasks associated with it,” said Jha, who makes his acting debut with his upcoming film “Jai Gangaajal”.
“Acting is not an easy task, it has its own technique, its own process, and when I decided on it, I thought of mastering it, tried to understand it, and also took benefit of it, because it is a task of responsibility when you intend to do acting. You cannot disappoint and if I disappoint myself it would be difficult for me, and that is something I never do..
“But inside yourself you have an awareness of what all things you’re capable of doing and this wish arises at the right time, and a confidence comes with it. So these kinds of needs could arise. I’ve started playing the piano to compose something and suppose in the future I feel like and if I have the confidence I will compose,” the director said.
The trailer sees a strong song in the voice of Sukhwinder Singh and the album also sees Bappi Lahiri lending his voice. Ten folk songs have been used in the film with lyrics by Manoj Muntashir and music by Salim-Suleiman, who have composed music for Jha’s previous works such as “Satyagrah” and “Chakravyuh”.
- Soon You Could Get Plastic Currency Notes: Find Out More
- Ranveer Singh and Vaani Kapoor Starrer Befikre Gets A Thumbs Up
- Supreme Court Seeks Centre’s Response Over Various Issues Regarding Demonetisation
- Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar Writes To West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee
- Bigg Boss 10 December 8 Review: Swami Om Feels Cheated, lashes Out At Gaurav For Jail Punishment
- South Korean President Park Geun-Hye Impeached Over Corruption Scandal
- Former Air Chief SP Tyagi Arrested In VVIP Chopper Scam
- After Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi, Liquor Baron Vijay Mallya’s Twitter Account Hacked
- Find Out What PM Narendra Modi Told Cabinet Over Demonetisation Decision
- Home Minister Rajnath Singh Assures Safety Of All Tourists Stranded On Havelock Island
- Government To Waive Service Tax On Debit, Credit Card Transactions Of Up To Rs 2,000
- President Pranab Mukherjee Criticises Parliament Disruptions Over Demonetisation
- Pakistan International Airlines Flight Carrying Over 40 Passenger On Board Crashes
- Shah Rukh Khan On Raees Clash With Kaabil: It’s Impossible To Have A Solo Release In India
- US-President Elect Donald Trump Named TIME’s Person Of The Year 2016
- Five National Award winners team up for Telugu film Mana Oori Ramayanam
- You'll see more of me on silver screen, says Prakash Jha
- Prakash Jha to play policeman in directorial 'Jai Gangaajal' starring Priyanka Chopra
- Prakash Jha is a debutant director's dream: Ritesh Menon
- A minute with Arjun Rampal on Satyagraha
- 'Aarakshan' mirrors discrepancies in education system: Jha
“These are songs of the soil in our film in the background which will give a new dimension to our film… Nowadays comedy is going on, someone says something and tolerance, intolerance, caste starts being discussed. And there are a kind of songs that come out in this comedy because it is not just songs but words of time which unite.
“We saw 10 such situations, so we took 10 folk songs and Salim-Suleiman gave it a modern feel to it, and made it large and big like our films,” he added.
“Jai Gangaajal” stars Priyanka Chopra in the lead role as a police officer.