Filmmaker Prakash Jha says that he attempted acting when he got the confidence for it and might consider music direction if he gets a similar confidence.
“It wasn’t since beginning that I wanted to become an actor. You have to be very engaged, because I also have to handle direction, production and writing, and there are numerous tasks associated with it,” said Jha, who makes his acting debut with his upcoming film “Jai Gangaajal”.
“Acting is not an easy task, it has its own technique, its own process, and when I decided on it, I thought of mastering it, tried to understand it, and also took benefit of it, because it is a task of responsibility when you intend to do acting. You cannot disappoint and if I disappoint myself it would be difficult for me, and that is something I never do..
- Varun Gandhi Under Attack Over Defence Deals: Here’s How
- This Diwali, Let Blind Students Brighten Up your Homes With Candles & Diyas
- CBI Files Supplementary Chargesheet In Sheena Bora Murder Case
- Soha Ali Khan And Vir Das Starrer 31st October Audience Reaction
- Sahara Chief Subrata Roy’s Parole Extended Till November 28
- Simple Tips To Secure Your Debit Card From Fraudsters
- New Zealand & India Team Being Welcomed In Chandigarh
- Mumbai Call Centre Scam: All You Need To Know
- Jammu Kashmir Chief Minister Mehbooba Mufti Appeals To Police: Here’s What She Said
- Shocker From Ahmedabad: Find Out What Happened
- Bigg Boss 10 Day 3 Review: Celebs Fail To Do Well in First Task
- Airtel Offers 10GB Data At Rs 259 For New 4G Smartphone Users
- Aamir Khan Starrer Dangal’s Trailer Launched: First Impressions
- TMC Supporters Attack BJP Leader Babul Supriyo
- Sri Lankan Navy Apprehends 20 Indian Fishermen
“But inside yourself you have an awareness of what all things you’re capable of doing and this wish arises at the right time, and a confidence comes with it. So these kinds of needs could arise. I’ve started playing the piano to compose something and suppose in the future I feel like and if I have the confidence I will compose,” the director said.
The trailer sees a strong song in the voice of Sukhwinder Singh and the album also sees Bappi Lahiri lending his voice. Ten folk songs have been used in the film with lyrics by Manoj Muntashir and music by Salim-Suleiman, who have composed music for Jha’s previous works such as “Satyagrah” and “Chakravyuh”.
- Five National Award winners team up for Telugu film Mana Oori Ramayanam
- You'll see more of me on silver screen, says Prakash Jha
- Prakash Jha to play policeman in directorial 'Jai Gangaajal' starring Priyanka Chopra
- Prakash Jha is a debutant director's dream: Ritesh Menon
- A minute with Arjun Rampal on Satyagraha
- Power Point
“These are songs of the soil in our film in the background which will give a new dimension to our film… Nowadays comedy is going on, someone says something and tolerance, intolerance, caste starts being discussed. And there are a kind of songs that come out in this comedy because it is not just songs but words of time which unite.
“We saw 10 such situations, so we took 10 folk songs and Salim-Suleiman gave it a modern feel to it, and made it large and big like our films,” he added.
“Jai Gangaajal” stars Priyanka Chopra in the lead role as a police officer.