Model-VJ Rhea Chakraborty, who made her Bollywood debut with Yash Raj Films’ ‘Mere Dad Ki Maruti’, was molested in Mumbai near her apartment on March 18. The actress, who used her self defence skills to save herself, has now filed an FIR against the alleged molester.
Rhea Chakraborty, who has filed an FIR at Khar police station, took to Twitter to speak about the entire episode.
“Just filed an FIR, watching CCTV footage. I won’t let this go. If we who have the power to speak up, don’t then who will? Rhea said that the Khar police has been very supportive and helpful. Rhea said, “Big hi five to them.”
- Varun Gandhi Under Attack Over Defence Deals: Here’s How
- This Diwali, Let Blind Students Brighten Up your Homes With Candles & Diyas
- CBI Files Supplementary Chargesheet In Sheena Bora Murder Case
- Soha Ali Khan And Vir Das Starrer 31st October Audience Reaction
- Sahara Chief Subrata Roy’s Parole Extended Till November 28
- Simple Tips To Secure Your Debit Card From Fraudsters
- New Zealand & India Team Being Welcomed In Chandigarh
- Mumbai Call Centre Scam: All You Need To Know
- Jammu Kashmir Chief Minister Mehbooba Mufti Appeals To Police: Here’s What She Said
- Shocker From Ahmedabad: Find Out What Happened
- Bigg Boss 10 Day 3 Review: Celebs Fail To Do Well in First Task
- Airtel Offers 10GB Data At Rs 259 For New 4G Smartphone Users
- Aamir Khan Starrer Dangal’s Trailer Launched: First Impressions
- TMC Supporters Attack BJP Leader Babul Supriyo
- Sri Lankan Navy Apprehends 20 Indian Fishermen
The actress also described the entire incident on her official Twitter handle. Rhea earlier tweeted, “Mumbai is so unsafe, it’s scary to another level..I am absolutely frustrated with the men in this country .. Here this out, it’s ridiculous.”
Further narrating the incident, Rhea said: “I just got groped by a very well dressed man who casually walks into my building in broad daylight, with two watchmen chilling in the building. Luckily, I take martial arts classes and I managed to kick him real hard. And screamed so he ran away. But Mumbai is suffocatingly unsafe. The security guards in most buildings need their ass kicked. Ridiculous!” She said, “Can a girl not walk into her own building at 5 pm. Where is the guarantee of not getting molested?
The actress, though trained in Martial arts, said that her instant reaction was to freeze. She said, “Self defence works, but my instant reaction was to freeze, however I managed to react.. So it is very scary.” She added, “I’m good now .. But I’m going to find him.”
Rhea Chakraborty also said, “So many women every single day go through so many different kinds and degrees of abuse. It’s an abyss of suffering, there’s got to be a way.” She also added, “Action needs to be taken, or are we waiting for 1000s more to get molested? Is anyone going to bother, elections are round the corner!”
Last year in November, actress Shruti, daughter of Tamil superstar Kamal Haasan, was attacked by a stalker at her Mumbai apartment in Bandra in morning.
The 27-year-old actress was confronted by Trimukhe, later identified as a spot boy, who allegedly tried to barge into the apartment. He questioned the actor as to why she was not recognising him.