After having scores of actresses walk the ramp, this year Bollywood’s leading men – Amitabh Bachchan, Ranbir Kapoor, Farhan Akhtar, Sidharth Malhotra and Akshay Kumar walked for Manish Malhotra’s ‘Men for Mijwan’ on April 1 in support of women empowerment.
The fashion show was organised by Mijwan Welfare Society, an NGO founded by Late Kaifi Azmi and headed by actress Shabana Azmi along with Namrata Goyal.
Amitabh Bachchan, 71, wore a bandhgala chikankari achkan and teamed it with white Pathani salwar for the show whose theme was ‘Men for Mizwan’. Farhan was seen in a blue sherwani and Ranbir looked dapper in a sherwani with heavy chikankari and dupatta.
“A large number of colleagues and a large number of very beautiful ladies that walk the walk for designer Manish Malhotra.. A satisfying experience and credit of immense value,” Bachchan posted on his blog.
- Here’s Why Delhi-NCR Gets Pollution Code On Lines Of Beijing
- PM Modi Is More Interested In TRP Politics Rahul Gandhi At Congress Parliamentary Meet
- Bigg Boss 10 December 1 Review: Priyanka Jagga Succeeds In Her Divide And Rule Strategy
- Kahaani 2 Audience Reaction: Vidya Balan Starrer Thriller Gets Mixed Reviews
- Find Out What PM Modi Said About Demonetisation On LinkedIn
- Row Over West Bengal ”Military Coup” Issue Escalates: Who Said What
- Here’s How Mohammad Kaif Replied To Virender Sehwag’s Birthday Wish On Twitter
- West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee’s Flight Reportedly Had Low Fuel: Here’s What Happened
- Reliance Jio Welcome Offer Extended Till March 31, JioMoney Launched
- Uri Attackers Came From Pakistan, Establishes Digital Data
- Bigg Boss 10 Nov 30 Episode Review: Captaincy Brings Differences In Manoj Punjabi & Manveer Gurjar
- Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi’s Official Twitter Handle Hacked
- After Rahul Gandhi’s Twitter Handle, Congress Official Twitter Account Hacked
- 3 Dead As Army Helicopter Crashes In Sukna In West Bengal
- BJP, Congress Engage In War Of Words Over Nagrota Attack: Find Out More
‘Men for Mijwan’ is the fourth fashion show by the NGO that showcased stunning chikankari of the Mijwan girls. The NGO aims to empower rural India with a focus on the girl child and women.
The evening was attended by the creme de la creme of Bollywood who turned up to lend their support to the noble cause.
Scores of Bollywood actresses including Kajol, her sister Tanishaa, veteran actress Jaya Bachchan, newly-turned producer Dia Mirza, Parineeti Chopra, Kalki Koechlin and Aditi Rao Hydari attended the event, all wearing creations by designer Manish Malhotra.
Former actresses Sonali Bendre, Urmila Matondkar and former beauty queen Sushmita Sen also lent their support.
Big B walked the ramp looking his usual distinguished self in a rich gold embroidered sherwani, while Shabana Azmi’s stepson Farhan Akhtar wore a midnight blue sherwani.
Post the show, Amitabh Bachchan tweeted, “The cause is what matters most .. the cheering and clothes apart .. women need to be brought to the same level of equality as men..”
Bollywood’s Khiladi Akshay Kumar looked handsome as ever as he strutted down the ramp in his usual macho way sporting an impressive moustache, while goodwill ambassador of Mijwan Welfare Society, Ranbir Kapoor had a few antics up his sleeve for the ladies.
Manish’s cousin Sidharth Malhotra was also no less suave as he took is turn to walk for charity. The actor who will be seen in upcoming film, ‘The Villain’, tweeted his appreciation at being included in the grand event. “Thank u @ManishMalhotra1 n @AzmiShabana ji for having me on this elite list of actors,was amazing to walk with them#MenForMijwan,” posted Sidharth.
Designer Manish Malhotra adopted the Kaifi Azmi Sewing and Embroidery Centre in Mijwan four years ago to help generate employment opportunities for women there.
‘Men for Mijwan’ is the fourth fashion show by the Mijwan Welfare Society that showcased the stunning chikankari embroidery of the Mijwan girls.