Actress Karisma Kapoor says that her big Fan Moment was meeting Gayatri Devi.
Late Maharani Gayatri Devi of Jaipur, besides being an accomplished woman, was considered a classical beauty and had become a fashion icon in her younger days.
The actress got the opportunity to meet Gayatri Devi during the shooting of Shyam Benegal’s 2001 film ‘Zubeidaa’ which also starred Manoj Bajpayee and Rekha.
“A few years ago, when I was making ‘Zubeidaa’, I met Rani Gayatri Devi for the first time and saw her elegance and her class. And you know that time I was also doing this movie which was also about a princess. So yes, it was a big fan moment,” said Karisma Kapoor on the sidelines of Spring Summer Collection launch of designer Esha Amin.
Gayatri Devi’s husband Maharaja Sawai Man Singh II, played a crucial role for Jaipur State to become part of the Union of India. She had become an extremely successful politician, especially during the 1960s.
- Here’s Why Delhi-NCR Gets Pollution Code On Lines Of Beijing
- PM Modi Is More Interested In TRP Politics Rahul Gandhi At Congress Parliamentary Meet
- Bigg Boss 10 December 1 Review: Priyanka Jagga Succeeds In Her Divide And Rule Strategy
- Kahaani 2 Audience Reaction: Vidya Balan Starrer Thriller Gets Mixed Reviews
- Find Out What PM Modi Said About Demonetisation On LinkedIn
- Row Over West Bengal ”Military Coup” Issue Escalates: Who Said What
- Here’s How Mohammad Kaif Replied To Virender Sehwag’s Birthday Wish On Twitter
- West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee’s Flight Reportedly Had Low Fuel: Here’s What Happened
- Reliance Jio Welcome Offer Extended Till March 31, JioMoney Launched
- Uri Attackers Came From Pakistan, Establishes Digital Data
- Bigg Boss 10 Nov 30 Episode Review: Captaincy Brings Differences In Manoj Punjabi & Manveer Gurjar
- Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi’s Official Twitter Handle Hacked
- After Rahul Gandhi’s Twitter Handle, Congress Official Twitter Account Hacked
- 3 Dead As Army Helicopter Crashes In Sukna In West Bengal
- BJP, Congress Engage In War Of Words Over Nagrota Attack: Find Out More
Karisma, who was present to support a designer, feels that comfort plays a key role in fashion for her, which even creates a style statement.
“I should wear what I feel comfortable in, for me that is fashion. And once you wear what you feel comfortable in, that makes a style statement,”
Karisma ruled the film and fashion industry during her prime, especially during the 1990s. She was the most sought-after actress for all things fashionable, with numerous of the fashion trends she sported, being followed by girls of the country.
Currently Karisma Kapoor is going through a tough legal battle for divorce from her estranged businessman husband Sunjay Kapoor.