Actress Karisma Kapoor says that her big Fan Moment was meeting Gayatri Devi.
Late Maharani Gayatri Devi of Jaipur, besides being an accomplished woman, was considered a classical beauty and had become a fashion icon in her younger days.
The actress got the opportunity to meet Gayatri Devi during the shooting of Shyam Benegal’s 2001 film ‘Zubeidaa’ which also starred Manoj Bajpayee and Rekha.
- J&K: Students Suffer As Schools Along LOC Forced To Shut Amid Firing
- Jayalalithaa’s Health: AIADMK Women Supporters Continue Special Prayers For CM
- HTC Desire 10 Lifestyle First Look Video
- Fissures Remain Within Samajwadi Party: All You Need To Know
- Big Cheer For Delhi-Noida Commuters, DND Flyway Becomes Toll Free
- PM Modi Meets New Zealand Prime Minister John Key
- Ex-Arunachal CM Kalikho Pul Left Behind “Secret Notes” Before He Was Found Hanging: Rajkhowa
- Big Relief For Former Karnataka CM BS Yeddyurappa: Here’s Why
- Missing For Three Days, JNU Student Found Dead In Hostel Room
- Bigg Boss 10: Review Of October 25 Episode
- Delhi Government’s Rs 200 Crore Riverfront Plan: Find Out More
- School in Jammu & Kashmir’s Bandipore District Set on Fire
- Ajay Devgn On The Making Of Shivaay: Exclusive Interview
- Bodies Of Maoists Killed In Malkangiri Encounter, One Of The Biggest Such Operations
“A few years ago, when I was making ‘Zubeidaa’, I met Rani Gayatri Devi for the first time and saw her elegance and her class. And you know that time I was also doing this movie which was also about a princess. So yes, it was a big fan moment,” said Karisma Kapoor on the sidelines of Spring Summer Collection launch of designer Esha Amin.
Gayatri Devi’s husband Maharaja Sawai Man Singh II, played a crucial role for Jaipur State to become part of the Union of India. She had become an extremely successful politician, especially during the 1960s.
Karisma, who was present to support a designer, feels that comfort plays a key role in fashion for her, which even creates a style statement.
“I should wear what I feel comfortable in, for me that is fashion. And once you wear what you feel comfortable in, that makes a style statement,”
Karisma ruled the film and fashion industry during her prime, especially during the 1990s. She was the most sought-after actress for all things fashionable, with numerous of the fashion trends she sported, being followed by girls of the country.
Currently Karisma Kapoor is going through a tough legal battle for divorce from her estranged businessman husband Sunjay Kapoor.