Actress Priyanka Chopra-starrer ‘Mary Kom’ biopic has finally got U certificate from Central Board of Film Certification (CBFC). The sports drama, which is based on the life of the Olympic bronze medal winner, was earlier issued U/A certificate by the board.
“Awesome! ‘U’ certificate! Family movie #MaryKom,” Chopra posted on Twitter.
Read: Priyanka Chopra: Never thought I’ll play an athlete
Earlier, makers were reportedly disappointed with the Censor Board’s previous decision. But now they are happy as the film will have a wider audience. “Mary Kom gets a ‘U’ certificate. More reach to us,” director Omung Kumar tweeted.
‘Mary Kom’ is scheduled to release on September 5 and is produced by Sanjay Leela Bhansali in collaboration with Viacom 18. It narrates the struggle of a Manipuri female boxer, who goes on to become a five-time World Amateur Boxing champion.
- PM Narendra Modi Slams Opposition For Not Letting Parliament Function
- Nawazuddin Siddiqui On Working In Raees: Was Nervous To Shoot With Shah Rukh Khan
- Bathinda Dancer Murder: Video Showing Accused Opening Fire At Marriage
- 5 Lesser Known Facts About Sasikala Natarajan
- Congress Leader Shashi Tharoor’s Delhi Home Burgled: Here’s What Happened
- Reserve Bank Of India Keeps Repo Rate Unchanged Post Demonetisation
- Bigg Boss 10 Dec 06 Review: Swami Om Pees In Kitchen
- Lenovo k6 Power Video Review
- Bigg Boss 10 December 5 Review: Manveer Calls Swami Om ‘kachdaa’
- PM Narendra Modi Declared Winner Of TIME Magazine’s Person Of The Year – Reader’s Poll
- Paneerselvam sworn in as new Chief Minister of Tamil Nadu
- Tamil Nadu CM J Jayalalithaa Passes Away After Suffering Cardiac Arrest
- J.Jayalalithaa’s Life Journey
- Here’s Why Delhi-NCR Gets Pollution Code On Lines Of Beijing
- PM Modi Is More Interested In TRP Politics Rahul Gandhi At Congress Parliamentary Meet