Actress Priyanka Chopra-starrer ‘Mary Kom’ biopic has finally got U certificate from Central Board of Film Certification (CBFC). The sports drama, which is based on the life of the Olympic bronze medal winner, was earlier issued U/A certificate by the board.
“Awesome! ‘U’ certificate! Family movie #MaryKom,” Chopra posted on Twitter.
Read: Priyanka Chopra: Never thought I’ll play an athlete
Earlier, makers were reportedly disappointed with the Censor Board’s previous decision. But now they are happy as the film will have a wider audience. “Mary Kom gets a ‘U’ certificate. More reach to us,” director Omung Kumar tweeted.
- J&K: Students Suffer As Schools Along LOC Forced To Shut Amid Firing
- Jayalalithaa’s Health: AIADMK Women Supporters Continue Special Prayers For CM
- HTC Desire 10 Lifestyle First Look Video
- Fissures Remain Within Samajwadi Party: All You Need To Know
- Big Cheer For Delhi-Noida Commuters, DND Flyway Becomes Toll Free
- PM Modi Meets New Zealand Prime Minister John Key
- Ex-Arunachal CM Kalikho Pul Left Behind “Secret Notes” Before He Was Found Hanging: Rajkhowa
- Big Relief For Former Karnataka CM BS Yeddyurappa: Here’s Why
- Missing For Three Days, JNU Student Found Dead In Hostel Room
- Bigg Boss 10: Review Of October 25 Episode
- Delhi Government’s Rs 200 Crore Riverfront Plan: Find Out More
- School in Jammu & Kashmir’s Bandipore District Set on Fire
- Ajay Devgn On The Making Of Shivaay: Exclusive Interview
- Bodies Of Maoists Killed In Malkangiri Encounter, One Of The Biggest Such Operations
‘Mary Kom’ is scheduled to release on September 5 and is produced by Sanjay Leela Bhansali in collaboration with Viacom 18. It narrates the struggle of a Manipuri female boxer, who goes on to become a five-time World Amateur Boxing champion.