Actor Imran Khan believes that to make marriage work, couples need to share responsibilities.
“In India, it is taken that washing clothes, and things like this is a woman’s job, and not what men do, which is an unhealthy attitude… a thought process which is not conducive for a healthy relationship.
“Both need to take on equal responsibilities to make their relationship work,” the “Matru Ki Bijlee Ka Mandola” said.
The 32-year-old, also a father to daughter Imara Malik Khan, believes that “once you become a parent, so many of our priorities get re-aligned in life”.
- I never got my due in Bollywood: Imran Khan
- Imran Khan on 'Katti Batti': It's one of the rare films I can hold in front of the world
- I am open to live-in relationship: Kangana Ranaut
- Imran Khan: I absolutely have no interest in working in Hollywood
- I play sad and lonely guy in 'Ek Main Aur Ekk Tu': Imran Khan
- 'Reclusive' Rani reveals a new side
“You start to realise that there are so many things that you used to earlier care about are completely unimportant now. Everything becomes about your relationship, your child, about your responsibilities towards your family,” said the actor, who tied the knot with Avantika Malik in 2011.
Any tips for first time fathers?
“Whenever you change a diaper, make sure everybody sees you doing it and show what a father you are,” he said.
Talking about Mother’s Day, which is celebrated on second Sunday in May, Imran said: “If you love your mother, tell her every day. I don’t believe in specific days that are followed these days.”