Bollywood actress Rani Mukerji, who was last seen in ‘Talaash’, is back with a bang after a 2 year hiatus. The actress, who recently tied the knot with filmmaker Aditya Chopra, will be seen playing a tough cop in her upcoming film ‘Mardaani’.
Mardaani’s first official trailer was launched today on June 24 in Mumbai. The trailer features a head-strong woman cop played by Rani Mukerji who is fighting against child sex trafficking. This YRF production is very different from the romantic fils and romcoms the studio is known for and it leaves a strong impact.
“Shivani Shivaji Roy, crime branch Mumbai, senior inspector,” is what Rani Mukerji says while introducing her.
- J&K: Students Suffer As Schools Along LOC Forced To Shut Amid Firing
- Jayalalithaa’s Health: AIADMK Women Supporters Continue Special Prayers For CM
- HTC Desire 10 Lifestyle First Look Video
- Fissures Remain Within Samajwadi Party: All You Need To Know
- Big Cheer For Delhi-Noida Commuters, DND Flyway Becomes Toll Free
- PM Modi Meets New Zealand Prime Minister John Key
- Ex-Arunachal CM Kalikho Pul Left Behind “Secret Notes” Before He Was Found Hanging: Rajkhowa
- Big Relief For Former Karnataka CM BS Yeddyurappa: Here’s Why
- Missing For Three Days, JNU Student Found Dead In Hostel Room
- Bigg Boss 10: Review Of October 25 Episode
- Delhi Government’s Rs 200 Crore Riverfront Plan: Find Out More
- School in Jammu & Kashmir’s Bandipore District Set on Fire
- Ajay Devgn On The Making Of Shivaay: Exclusive Interview
- Bodies Of Maoists Killed In Malkangiri Encounter, One Of The Biggest Such Operations
The movie is about child trafficking and how Rani’s character follows the traffickers to release the girls caught in it.
Rani plays a cop for the first time onscreen in Mardaani. The movie has been directed by Pradeep Sarkar, who last directed Rani in ‘Laaga Chunari Mein Daag’ (2007) and produced by Yash Raj Films. The film is slated to release on August 22. .