Bollywood actress Rani Mukerji is all set to take the Box Office by storm with her crime drama flick, ‘Mardaani’, her first release post hush hush April wedding to YRF head Aditya Chopra.
Directed by Pradeep Sarkar, the film features Rani as Shivani Shivaji Roy, Senior Inspector, Crime Branch. Shivani is a determined and fearless policewoman who is tailing a mafia don, who has kidnapped a young girl and smuggled her out of the city, forcing her into the flesh trade.
Rani has left no stone unturned in promoting the film across Mumbai and in her hometown Kolkata as well. The actress also recently met with real life cops.
Produced by husband Aditya Chopra, ‘Mardaani’ also stars Tahir Bhasin and Jisshu Sengupta.
In Pics: New cop on the block: Rani Mukerji launches ‘Mardaani’ trailer
‘Mardaani’ shows Rani in a never-before-seen avatar as she does some hardcore action and chases the bad guys. The film is centred around human trafficking. “If the film touches women in the right way then our job is done, then I would feel it was worth for me to be part of it,” Rani had said earlier during the promotions.
- Here’s Why Delhi-NCR Gets Pollution Code On Lines Of Beijing
- PM Modi Is More Interested In TRP Politics Rahul Gandhi At Congress Parliamentary Meet
- Bigg Boss 10 December 1 Review: Priyanka Jagga Succeeds In Her Divide And Rule Strategy
- Kahaani 2 Audience Reaction: Vidya Balan Starrer Thriller Gets Mixed Reviews
- Find Out What PM Modi Said About Demonetisation On LinkedIn
- Row Over West Bengal ”Military Coup” Issue Escalates: Who Said What
- Here’s How Mohammad Kaif Replied To Virender Sehwag’s Birthday Wish On Twitter
- West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee’s Flight Reportedly Had Low Fuel: Here’s What Happened
- Reliance Jio Welcome Offer Extended Till March 31, JioMoney Launched
- Uri Attackers Came From Pakistan, Establishes Digital Data
- Bigg Boss 10 Nov 30 Episode Review: Captaincy Brings Differences In Manoj Punjabi & Manveer Gurjar
- Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi’s Official Twitter Handle Hacked
- After Rahul Gandhi’s Twitter Handle, Congress Official Twitter Account Hacked
- 3 Dead As Army Helicopter Crashes In Sukna In West Bengal
- BJP, Congress Engage In War Of Words Over Nagrota Attack: Find Out More
Photos: When reel cop Rani Mukerji met real cops
‘Mad About dance’ is another flick that is releasing this weekend. Directed by ‘Ragini MMS 2’ actor Sahil Prem, the film tells the tale of three boys who leave their respective homes to study abroad.
The next release for this Friday is ‘Mumbhai Connection’, which revolves around an Indian salesman who end up joining a company run by the mafia.
Directed by Praveen Datt Stephen, ‘Mumbhai Connection’ features Rafiq Batcha, Alieesa Badreshia, Srinivas and Dick Mays among others.
Onkar Singh’s ‘Trip to Bangarh’ is also hitting cinemas this week. The thriller is about five friends who make a trip to the Bangarh Fort in Rajasthan, only to have life-changing experiences.
‘Trip To Bangarh’ features Manish Choudhary, Vikram Koccher, Rohit Chaudhury, Rachit Behl and Vidushi Mehra among others.
And the last film to hot screens this Friday is ‘Life Is Beautiful!’. Directed by John Hunt, rom-com stars Manoj Amarnani, Anokhi Dalvi, Nancy Brunetta and Parth Naik.