Bollywood actress Rani Mukerji is all set to take the Box Office by storm with her crime drama flick, ‘Mardaani’, her first release post hush hush April wedding to YRF head Aditya Chopra.
Directed by Pradeep Sarkar, the film features Rani as Shivani Shivaji Roy, Senior Inspector, Crime Branch. Shivani is a determined and fearless policewoman who is tailing a mafia don, who has kidnapped a young girl and smuggled her out of the city, forcing her into the flesh trade.
Rani has left no stone unturned in promoting the film across Mumbai and in her hometown Kolkata as well. The actress also recently met with real life cops.
- Varun Gandhi Under Attack Over Defence Deals: Here’s How
- This Diwali, Let Blind Students Brighten Up your Homes With Candles & Diyas
- CBI Files Supplementary Chargesheet In Sheena Bora Murder Case
- Soha Ali Khan And Vir Das Starrer 31st October Audience Reaction
- Sahara Chief Subrata Roy’s Parole Extended Till November 28
- Simple Tips To Secure Your Debit Card From Fraudsters
- New Zealand & India Team Being Welcomed In Chandigarh
- Mumbai Call Centre Scam: All You Need To Know
- Jammu Kashmir Chief Minister Mehbooba Mufti Appeals To Police: Here’s What She Said
- Shocker From Ahmedabad: Find Out What Happened
- Bigg Boss 10 Day 3 Review: Celebs Fail To Do Well in First Task
- Airtel Offers 10GB Data At Rs 259 For New 4G Smartphone Users
- Aamir Khan Starrer Dangal’s Trailer Launched: First Impressions
- TMC Supporters Attack BJP Leader Babul Supriyo
- Sri Lankan Navy Apprehends 20 Indian Fishermen
Produced by husband Aditya Chopra, ‘Mardaani’ also stars Tahir Bhasin and Jisshu Sengupta.
In Pics: New cop on the block: Rani Mukerji launches ‘Mardaani’ trailer
‘Mardaani’ shows Rani in a never-before-seen avatar as she does some hardcore action and chases the bad guys. The film is centred around human trafficking. “If the film touches women in the right way then our job is done, then I would feel it was worth for me to be part of it,” Rani had said earlier during the promotions.
Photos: When reel cop Rani Mukerji met real cops
‘Mad About dance’ is another flick that is releasing this weekend. Directed by ‘Ragini MMS 2’ actor Sahil Prem, the film tells the tale of three boys who leave their respective homes to study abroad.
The next release for this Friday is ‘Mumbhai Connection’, which revolves around an Indian salesman who end up joining a company run by the mafia.
Directed by Praveen Datt Stephen, ‘Mumbhai Connection’ features Rafiq Batcha, Alieesa Badreshia, Srinivas and Dick Mays among others.
Onkar Singh’s ‘Trip to Bangarh’ is also hitting cinemas this week. The thriller is about five friends who make a trip to the Bangarh Fort in Rajasthan, only to have life-changing experiences.
‘Trip To Bangarh’ features Manish Choudhary, Vikram Koccher, Rohit Chaudhury, Rachit Behl and Vidushi Mehra among others.
And the last film to hot screens this Friday is ‘Life Is Beautiful!’. Directed by John Hunt, rom-com stars Manoj Amarnani, Anokhi Dalvi, Nancy Brunetta and Parth Naik.