The trailer of the film “Aligarh”, which addresses homosexuality, has received over three million views on video sharing website YouTube.
The trailer of the Hansal Mehta directorial was launched on January 28.
Happy with the response to the trailer, actor Manoj Bajpayee, who plays a pivotal role in the movie, tweeted: “Three million views and still counting! Thank you for the support #ComeOut”. (Read: No other actor would have taken the risk to do Aligarh: Manoj Bajpayee)
- Mumbai’s Haji Ali Dargah Trust to SC: Ready to give women access to sanctum sanctorum
- Samajwadi Party Crisis: 5 Quotes By Mulayam Singh Yadav At Press Conference
- Ae Dil Hai Mushkil Vs Shivaay: What Delhites Pick
- Supreme Court Directs Vijay Mallya To Fully Disclose Foreign Assets In 4 Weeks
- 5 Reasons To Watch Ae Dil Hai Mushkil
- BSP Supremo Mayawati Criticises PM Modi Over Triple Talaq: Here’s What She Said
- Google Pixel XL Phone Review: Pros, Cons And Final Verdict
- Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar Says Army donation Is Voluntary
- Rock On 2 Trailer Launch: Farhan Akhtar, Shraddha Kapoor, Prachi Desai On Their Roles
- Cyrus Mistry’s Career Timeline
- Stalker Kills Woman At Metro Station In Gurgaon: Here’s What Happened
- Bigg Boss 10 October 24 Review: Seven Contestants Nominated For Evictions
- Power Struggle In Mulayam’s Party: Here’s What People Reacted
- 1 Dead, 5 Injured In Low Intensity Explosion In Delhi’s Naya Bazaar Area
- Delhi: Naya Bazar Explosion Cctv Footage
— Manoj Bajpayee (@BajpayeeManoj) February 2, 2016
The film is based on the life of Shrinivas Ramchandra Siras, a professor at Aligarh Muslim University who was removed from his job for homosexuality. (Also read: Aligarh controversy cheap publicity stunt by Hansal Mehta, says Censor chief Pahlaj Nihalani)
While Manoj essays the professor’s role, actor Rajkummar Rao plays a journalist in the film.