The trailer of the film “Aligarh”, which addresses homosexuality, has received over three million views on video sharing website YouTube.
The trailer of the Hansal Mehta directorial was launched on January 28.
Happy with the response to the trailer, actor Manoj Bajpayee, who plays a pivotal role in the movie, tweeted: “Three million views and still counting! Thank you for the support #ComeOut”. (Read: No other actor would have taken the risk to do Aligarh: Manoj Bajpayee)
— Manoj Bajpayee (@BajpayeeManoj) February 2, 2016
- Here’s Why Delhi-NCR Gets Pollution Code On Lines Of Beijing
- PM Modi Is More Interested In TRP Politics Rahul Gandhi At Congress Parliamentary Meet
- Bigg Boss 10 December 1 Review: Priyanka Jagga Succeeds In Her Divide And Rule Strategy
- Kahaani 2 Audience Reaction: Vidya Balan Starrer Thriller Gets Mixed Reviews
- Find Out What PM Modi Said About Demonetisation On LinkedIn
- Row Over West Bengal ”Military Coup” Issue Escalates: Who Said What
- Here’s How Mohammad Kaif Replied To Virender Sehwag’s Birthday Wish On Twitter
- West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee’s Flight Reportedly Had Low Fuel: Here’s What Happened
- Reliance Jio Welcome Offer Extended Till March 31, JioMoney Launched
- Uri Attackers Came From Pakistan, Establishes Digital Data
- Bigg Boss 10 Nov 30 Episode Review: Captaincy Brings Differences In Manoj Punjabi & Manveer Gurjar
- Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi’s Official Twitter Handle Hacked
- After Rahul Gandhi’s Twitter Handle, Congress Official Twitter Account Hacked
- 3 Dead As Army Helicopter Crashes In Sukna In West Bengal
- BJP, Congress Engage In War Of Words Over Nagrota Attack: Find Out More
The film is based on the life of Shrinivas Ramchandra Siras, a professor at Aligarh Muslim University who was removed from his job for homosexuality. (Also read: Aligarh controversy cheap publicity stunt by Hansal Mehta, says Censor chief Pahlaj Nihalani)
While Manoj essays the professor’s role, actor Rajkummar Rao plays a journalist in the film.