Actor Manoj Bajpayee-starrer Bhonsle is set to go on floors in August next year. Set in the middle of migrant issue, the drama revolves around a cop named Bhonsle, who is unable to come to terms with his retirement. The film is currently at the Film Bazaar’s Co-Production market for its post-production funding and is also looking for the distributors.
One of the producers of the film, Piyush Singh told PTI on the sidelines of NFDC Film Bazaar, “We will start the shooting of the film in August 2017. We are right now looking for global partnerships and distributors so that the film would reach out to a wider audience. “The project came to me through Manoj. He liked the script so much that he decided to back the film.”
Bhonsle director Devashish Makhija has earlier assisted directors like Anurag Kashyap and Shaad Ali on Black Friday and Bunty aur Babli. Over the last decade, the Co-Production market at the NFDC Film Bazaar has become one of the most sought after platform for South Asian filmmakers to find funding, collaborators and support.
Meanwhile, Newton starring Rajkummar Rao and Rukh featuring Manoj Bajpayee are among the NFDC Film Bazaar’s 32 recommends. Both the projects are backed by Drishyam Films. Newton, is the second feature of Amit V Masurkar (of Sulemani Keeda fame) and was part of the Co-Production Market (CPM) at Film Bazaar last year.
- Here’s Why Delhi-NCR Gets Pollution Code On Lines Of Beijing
- PM Modi Is More Interested In TRP Politics Rahul Gandhi At Congress Parliamentary Meet
- Bigg Boss 10 December 1 Review: Priyanka Jagga Succeeds In Her Divide And Rule Strategy
- Kahaani 2 Audience Reaction: Vidya Balan Starrer Thriller Gets Mixed Reviews
- Find Out What PM Modi Said About Demonetisation On LinkedIn
- Row Over West Bengal ”Military Coup” Issue Escalates: Who Said What
- Here’s How Mohammad Kaif Replied To Virender Sehwag’s Birthday Wish On Twitter
- West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee’s Flight Reportedly Had Low Fuel: Here’s What Happened
- Reliance Jio Welcome Offer Extended Till March 31, JioMoney Launched
- Uri Attackers Came From Pakistan, Establishes Digital Data
- Bigg Boss 10 Nov 30 Episode Review: Captaincy Brings Differences In Manoj Punjabi & Manveer Gurjar
- Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi’s Official Twitter Handle Hacked
- After Rahul Gandhi’s Twitter Handle, Congress Official Twitter Account Hacked
- 3 Dead As Army Helicopter Crashes In Sukna In West Bengal
- BJP, Congress Engage In War Of Words Over Nagrota Attack: Find Out More
The movie is about a rookie clerk on election duty in a conflict-ridden jungle of Central India, who tries his best to conduct free and fair voting despite the apathy of security forces.