Ace filmmaker Mani Ratnam visited a private hospital here on Tuesday for a master health checkup and contrary to the rumours, he was not hospitalised due to cardiac problems.
“Mani and his wife were holidaying in Delhi. A master health checkup was long overdue. He got it in done in a hospital in Delhi to avoid Chennai public eye,” Mala Manyan, executive producer of Mani Ratnam’s latest release “Ok Kanmani”, told IANS on Wednesday.
- Kaatru Veliyidai prison escape scene unrealistic? Mani Ratnam cites a true story
- Aditi Rao Hydari: Working with Mani Ratnam very nourishing
- Kaatru Veliyidai audio launch: Why Mani Ratnam, AR Rahman will never get tired of each other
- Mani Ratnam to take Kaatru Veliyidai to Hyderabad, Ladakh
- After Mani Ratnam's project, Karthi to work with Vinoth
- Mani Ratnam hospitalised , now stable
In 2004 and 2009, Ratnam had suffered minor heart attacks while working on films “Yuva” and “Raavan”.
In his over two-decade long career, he’s known for successful films such as “Nayagana, “Mounaragam”, “Dil Se”, “Bombay” and “Guru”.