Ace filmmaker Mani Ratnam visited a private hospital here on Tuesday for a master health checkup and contrary to the rumours, he was not hospitalised due to cardiac problems.
“Mani and his wife were holidaying in Delhi. A master health checkup was long overdue. He got it in done in a hospital in Delhi to avoid Chennai public eye,” Mala Manyan, executive producer of Mani Ratnam’s latest release “Ok Kanmani”, told IANS on Wednesday.
- Mani Ratnam hosts Bigg Boss Tamil winner Aarav at his residence. See photos
- Mani Ratnam's next with Jyothika, Simbu, Vijay Sethupathy to roll from January
- After Jyothika, Simbu signs Mani Ratnam’s movie resulting in a casting coup
- Mani Ratnam and R Madhavan to join hands for the fifth time?
- After Mani Ratnam's project, Karthi to work with Vinoth
- Mani Ratnam hospitalised , now stable
In 2004 and 2009, Ratnam had suffered minor heart attacks while working on films “Yuva” and “Raavan”.
In his over two-decade long career, he’s known for successful films such as “Nayagana, “Mounaragam”, “Dil Se”, “Bombay” and “Guru”.