Ace filmmaker Mani Ratnam visited a private hospital here on Tuesday for a master health checkup and contrary to the rumours, he was not hospitalised due to cardiac problems.
“Mani and his wife were holidaying in Delhi. A master health checkup was long overdue. He got it in done in a hospital in Delhi to avoid Chennai public eye,” Mala Manyan, executive producer of Mani Ratnam’s latest release “Ok Kanmani”, told IANS on Wednesday.
- It’s official! Mani Ratnam’s multi-starrer is titled Chekka Chivantha Vaanam
- Fahadh Faasil walks out of Mani Ratnam’s next film?
- Confirmed! Aditi Rao Hydari in Mani Ratnam’s next
- Mani Ratnam and Suresh Krissna made me a superstar, says Rajinikanth
- Simbu meets Mani Ratnam ahead of Sakka Podu Podu Raja release
- Mani Ratnam hospitalised , now stable
In 2004 and 2009, Ratnam had suffered minor heart attacks while working on films “Yuva” and “Raavan”.
In his over two-decade long career, he’s known for successful films such as “Nayagana, “Mounaragam”, “Dil Se”, “Bombay” and “Guru”.