Actress-model-turned designer Mandira Bedi says that she is not keen on having her three-year-old son Vir turn a child artist. The actress introduced her son as a child model for Philips’ new range of Disney lightning for kids on Wednesday (July23) in New Delhi.
Mandira Bedi spoke about her son Vir, her small screen career and upcoming season 2 of TV show ’24’.
- Varun Gandhi Under Attack Over Defence Deals: Here’s How
- This Diwali, Let Blind Students Brighten Up your Homes With Candles & Diyas
- CBI Files Supplementary Chargesheet In Sheena Bora Murder Case
- Soha Ali Khan And Vir Das Starrer 31st October Audience Reaction
- Sahara Chief Subrata Roy’s Parole Extended Till November 28
- Simple Tips To Secure Your Debit Card From Fraudsters
- New Zealand & India Team Being Welcomed In Chandigarh
- Mumbai Call Centre Scam: All You Need To Know
- Jammu Kashmir Chief Minister Mehbooba Mufti Appeals To Police: Here’s What She Said
- Shocker From Ahmedabad: Find Out What Happened
- Bigg Boss 10 Day 3 Review: Celebs Fail To Do Well in First Task
- Airtel Offers 10GB Data At Rs 259 For New 4G Smartphone Users
- Aamir Khan Starrer Dangal’s Trailer Launched: First Impressions
- TMC Supporters Attack BJP Leader Babul Supriyo
- Sri Lankan Navy Apprehends 20 Indian Fishermen
The actress was dressed in an electric blue sari, one from her own range, while her son was cute in his check shirt and denim tightly clutching a car, which Mandira says are his favourite toys.
While many celebrities like the Bachchans and Shah Rukh Khan remain guarded when it comes to exposure for their kids, Mandira Bedi is very comfortable with her son in the limelight. “Vir made his first appearance at age four months. “The more he gets exposed to the people and the life that I have lead, it’s good.”
However the actress says that she is in no mood to let her little one to turn a child actor. “Exposing him to people in general is fine I don’t want him to be an actor. I’m not very keen on that. He should be what he wants to be.”
When asked if Vir is a pampered child like many celebrity kids, Mandira ‘assured’ that her son was not spoil. “When he throws a tantrum, I have absolutely no time for that. I spoke to teachers and doctors, they too have advised that do not give into his tantrums. I am a ‘kadak’ mom that ways,” she said. But says her husband is the lenient parent between the two.
Meanwhile, talking about her career, Mandira says that tough she has a lot of offers coming her way, she doesn’t see herself in the ‘kitchen politics’ kind of show. The actress, who was a part of Ekta Kapoor’s ‘Kyunki Saas Bhi Kabhi Bahu Thi’, says “I have done such shows but now that chapter has closed for me. I am not putting down, what is on television but I don’t see myself in that space. Unless someone offers me a ‘Shanti;, I would definitely do that.”
Mandira Bedi says she has been getting a lot of offers post ’24’ for which she returned to the small screen after a gap of 9 years.
Talking about ’24’ season 2, Mandira said the script is currently being worked on. “It is in the writing process and I can’t say anything more. But it will go on floors in two months.”