Actress-model-turned designer Mandira Bedi says that she is not keen on having her three-year-old son Vir turn a child artist. The actress introduced her son as a child model for Philips’ new range of Disney lightning for kids on Wednesday (July23) in New Delhi.
Mandira Bedi spoke about her son Vir, her small screen career and upcoming season 2 of TV show ’24’.
The actress was dressed in an electric blue sari, one from her own range, while her son was cute in his check shirt and denim tightly clutching a car, which Mandira says are his favourite toys.
- Soon You Could Get Plastic Currency Notes: Find Out More
- Ranveer Singh and Vaani Kapoor Starrer Befikre Gets A Thumbs Up
- Supreme Court Seeks Centre’s Response Over Various Issues Regarding Demonetisation
- Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar Writes To West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee
- Bigg Boss 10 December 8 Review: Swami Om Feels Cheated, lashes Out At Gaurav For Jail Punishment
- South Korean President Park Geun-Hye Impeached Over Corruption Scandal
- Former Air Chief SP Tyagi Arrested In VVIP Chopper Scam
- After Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi, Liquor Baron Vijay Mallya’s Twitter Account Hacked
- Find Out What PM Narendra Modi Told Cabinet Over Demonetisation Decision
- Home Minister Rajnath Singh Assures Safety Of All Tourists Stranded On Havelock Island
- Government To Waive Service Tax On Debit, Credit Card Transactions Of Up To Rs 2,000
- President Pranab Mukherjee Criticises Parliament Disruptions Over Demonetisation
- Pakistan International Airlines Flight Carrying Over 40 Passenger On Board Crashes
- Shah Rukh Khan On Raees Clash With Kaabil: It’s Impossible To Have A Solo Release In India
- US-President Elect Donald Trump Named TIME’s Person Of The Year 2016
While many celebrities like the Bachchans and Shah Rukh Khan remain guarded when it comes to exposure for their kids, Mandira Bedi is very comfortable with her son in the limelight. “Vir made his first appearance at age four months. “The more he gets exposed to the people and the life that I have lead, it’s good.”
However the actress says that she is in no mood to let her little one to turn a child actor. “Exposing him to people in general is fine I don’t want him to be an actor. I’m not very keen on that. He should be what he wants to be.”
When asked if Vir is a pampered child like many celebrity kids, Mandira ‘assured’ that her son was not spoil. “When he throws a tantrum, I have absolutely no time for that. I spoke to teachers and doctors, they too have advised that do not give into his tantrums. I am a ‘kadak’ mom that ways,” she said. But says her husband is the lenient parent between the two.
Meanwhile, talking about her career, Mandira says that tough she has a lot of offers coming her way, she doesn’t see herself in the ‘kitchen politics’ kind of show. The actress, who was a part of Ekta Kapoor’s ‘Kyunki Saas Bhi Kabhi Bahu Thi’, says “I have done such shows but now that chapter has closed for me. I am not putting down, what is on television but I don’t see myself in that space. Unless someone offers me a ‘Shanti;, I would definitely do that.”
Mandira Bedi says she has been getting a lot of offers post ’24’ for which she returned to the small screen after a gap of 9 years.
Talking about ’24’ season 2, Mandira said the script is currently being worked on. “It is in the writing process and I can’t say anything more. But it will go on floors in two months.”