Mallika Sherawat who has been making headlines in the international market has yet another feather to add to her hat. In fact the sultry damsel has been invited to speak at the prestigious Oxford Union, Oxford University, UK in a debate on the following motion, which I feel could really interest her: ‘This House Believes Gender Exists to Oppress’.
The Oxford Union is an incredible platform for people to express their views, will feature Ms Sherawat hosting some of the most influential people in the world and lending an interesting angle to the debate with her image of women and women’s rights in India.
Founded in 1823, the Oxford Union is one of the most famous debating societies in the world and has hosted world leaders from all fields. From Presidents Carter, Nixon and Reagan, General Petraeus, Senator John McCain and Prime Minister David Cameron to Mother Theresa, Archbishop Desmond Tutu and the Dalai Lama as well as Malcolm X and Judi Dench.
Commenting on the invite Mallika stated, “Yes, I have accepted the invitation. The date is set on Feb 27th. A lot of preparation is required. It’s a great honour. I come from a small town so it means a lot to be invited to speak at such a historic venue. I can use the platform to highlight issues like drop in the conviction rate in rape cases across the country.”
- Here’s Why Delhi-NCR Gets Pollution Code On Lines Of Beijing
- PM Modi Is More Interested In TRP Politics Rahul Gandhi At Congress Parliamentary Meet
- Bigg Boss 10 December 1 Review: Priyanka Jagga Succeeds In Her Divide And Rule Strategy
- Kahaani 2 Audience Reaction: Vidya Balan Starrer Thriller Gets Mixed Reviews
- Find Out What PM Modi Said About Demonetisation On LinkedIn
- Row Over West Bengal ”Military Coup” Issue Escalates: Who Said What
- Here’s How Mohammad Kaif Replied To Virender Sehwag’s Birthday Wish On Twitter
- West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee’s Flight Reportedly Had Low Fuel: Here’s What Happened
- Reliance Jio Welcome Offer Extended Till March 31, JioMoney Launched
- Uri Attackers Came From Pakistan, Establishes Digital Data
- Bigg Boss 10 Nov 30 Episode Review: Captaincy Brings Differences In Manoj Punjabi & Manveer Gurjar
- Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi’s Official Twitter Handle Hacked
- After Rahul Gandhi’s Twitter Handle, Congress Official Twitter Account Hacked
- 3 Dead As Army Helicopter Crashes In Sukna In West Bengal
- BJP, Congress Engage In War Of Words Over Nagrota Attack: Find Out More