Malayalam film actor Dileep has approached a family court here seeking divorce from his actress wife Manju Warrier, who had made a comeback with recently released ‘How Old are You ?’.
The actor has also reportedly filed another petition, seeking an in camera trial and non disclosure of the matters raised in his petition to the media.
The petition is expected to come up for hearing on July 23 and the two have been asked to be present in court in person on that day. The two have been living separately for the past few months.
Dileep in his petition stated that the news and social media had been publishing reports in the past one year that the respondent (Manju Warrier) and he had separated and that a divorce petition was likely to be filed.
Now that he had filed this original petition seeking divorce, there was every possibility for the media to publish sensational reports about the same, he said.
- Home Minister Rajnath Singh Assures Safety Of All Tourists Stranded On Havelock Island
- Government To Waive Service Tax On Debit, Credit Card Transactions Of Up To Rs 2,000
- President Pranab Mukherjee Criticises Parliament Disruptions Over Demonetisation
- Pakistan International Airlines Flight Carrying Over 40 Passenger On Board Crashes
- Shah Rukh Khan On Raees Clash With Kaabil: It’s Impossible To Have A Solo Release In India
- US-President Elect Donald Trump Named TIME’s Person Of The Year 2016
- O. Panneerselvam: 10 Things You Need To Know
- PM Narendra Modi Slams Opposition For Not Letting Parliament Function
- Nawazuddin Siddiqui On Working In Raees: Was Nervous To Shoot With Shah Rukh Khan
- Bathinda Dancer Murder: Video Showing Accused Opening Fire At Marriage
- 5 Lesser Known Facts About Sasikala Natarajan
- Congress Leader Shashi Tharoor’s Delhi Home Burgled: Here’s What Happened
- Reserve Bank Of India Keeps Repo Rate Unchanged Post Demonetisation
- Bigg Boss 10 Dec 06 Review: Swami Om Pees In Kitchen
- Lenovo k6 Power Video Review
“The matrimonial issues between the respondent and myself are a very personal matter. To protect and prevent trial by the media and for proper conduct of proceedings before this court, it is necessary to conduct in camera trial’, he stated.
Manju, who left films after her marriage to Dileep, made a comeback with Roshan Andrews ‘How Old Are You?’, which is now being screened in theatres. The film has already collected Rs 3.35 crore in the first week itself.