Bollywood actresses Malaika Arora Khan and Nimrat Kaur mesmerised fashion patrons as they walked as showstoppers for designer Rina Dhaka on the second day of the Shree Raj Mahal Jewellers India Couture Week (ICW).
The designer had her reasons to finalise these two personalities who have onscreen images very different from each other.
While Nimrat is known for playing intense roles in films like ‘The Lunchbox’ and ‘Peddlers’, Malaika’s dance moves in films like ‘Dabangg’ and ‘Housefull 2’ have their own fan following.
“Because I was showing a traditional line, Nimrat embodies a modern women who has got talent and acquired craft. Malaika is my sweetheart from earlier times. To me, she is what I was and what I will always be, a women who not only has a face but also a body,” Dhaka told IANS before the show.
Inspired by the very verbose iconography of the gota work of Rajasthan, which she has shown in the past too, the designer took it forward this time by enriching it with a soft sensual appeal.
- Soon You Could Get Plastic Currency Notes: Find Out More
- Ranveer Singh and Vaani Kapoor Starrer Befikre Gets A Thumbs Up
- Supreme Court Seeks Centre’s Response Over Various Issues Regarding Demonetisation
- Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar Writes To West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee
- Bigg Boss 10 December 8 Review: Swami Om Feels Cheated, lashes Out At Gaurav For Jail Punishment
- South Korean President Park Geun-Hye Impeached Over Corruption Scandal
- Former Air Chief SP Tyagi Arrested In VVIP Chopper Scam
- After Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi, Liquor Baron Vijay Mallya’s Twitter Account Hacked
- Find Out What PM Narendra Modi Told Cabinet Over Demonetisation Decision
- Home Minister Rajnath Singh Assures Safety Of All Tourists Stranded On Havelock Island
- Government To Waive Service Tax On Debit, Credit Card Transactions Of Up To Rs 2,000
- President Pranab Mukherjee Criticises Parliament Disruptions Over Demonetisation
- Pakistan International Airlines Flight Carrying Over 40 Passenger On Board Crashes
- Shah Rukh Khan On Raees Clash With Kaabil: It’s Impossible To Have A Solo Release In India
- US-President Elect Donald Trump Named TIME’s Person Of The Year 2016
She recreated new styles in the Gota Patti, and placed it against tinsel sheers and lace.
There was extensive use of intricate embroidery elements from between the region of Rajasthan and some from the heartland of Uttar Pradesh, rearranged in a layered, lace-like manner.
Techniques of zardozi, kamdani, ari, lace and metallic gota were blended with tonal beading and soft embroidery to create a look of romance — all in all, a refreshing collection for all style connoisseurs.