Filmmaker Farah Khan says while making “Happy New Year” (HNY), a heist drama, the challenge was not to take anything that she had seen in films made on the same subject.
“The biggest challenge was to keep the film original. Heist is a formula film, so the challenge was not to take anything from any heist movie…” said Farah at the launch of the film’s first trailer here Thursday.
A typical Bollywood entertainer catering to the masses, the ensemble drama’s cast is starry in every sense.
If Shah Rukh Khan and Deepika Padukone play the lead roles, Abhishek Bachchan and Boman Irani, known for their comic timing, as well as Sonu Sood, who loves to flex his muscle on the big screen, join them.
Then stylish Jackie Shroff features as the bad man.
- Here’s Why Delhi-NCR Gets Pollution Code On Lines Of Beijing
- PM Modi Is More Interested In TRP Politics Rahul Gandhi At Congress Parliamentary Meet
- Bigg Boss 10 December 1 Review: Priyanka Jagga Succeeds In Her Divide And Rule Strategy
- Kahaani 2 Audience Reaction: Vidya Balan Starrer Thriller Gets Mixed Reviews
- Find Out What PM Modi Said About Demonetisation On LinkedIn
- Row Over West Bengal ”Military Coup” Issue Escalates: Who Said What
- Here’s How Mohammad Kaif Replied To Virender Sehwag’s Birthday Wish On Twitter
- West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee’s Flight Reportedly Had Low Fuel: Here’s What Happened
- Reliance Jio Welcome Offer Extended Till March 31, JioMoney Launched
- Uri Attackers Came From Pakistan, Establishes Digital Data
- Bigg Boss 10 Nov 30 Episode Review: Captaincy Brings Differences In Manoj Punjabi & Manveer Gurjar
- Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi’s Official Twitter Handle Hacked
- After Rahul Gandhi’s Twitter Handle, Congress Official Twitter Account Hacked
- 3 Dead As Army Helicopter Crashes In Sukna In West Bengal
- BJP, Congress Engage In War Of Words Over Nagrota Attack: Find Out More
And if Farah had roped in Naseeruddin Shah for her debut film “Main Hoon Na”, for HNY she has zeroed on the veteran actor’s younger son Vivaan to make the cast interesting.
This is Farah and Shah Rukh’s third film together and apart from other ingredients, the former has thrown in good dose of action too, but with an interesting twist.
“We have changed the action in the film. There are no guns in the film and this is so because my son Czar doesn’t like watching guns,” said Farah.
Shah Rukh, who was seen performing director Rohit Shetty style action in “Chennai Express”, said that “Happy New Year” brings more action on the screen compared to his last two movies – “Main Hoon Na” and “Om Shanti Om” – with Farah.
“If there is a lady who knows aggression and action, it is Farah,” said Shah Rukh humorously.
“It has lot more action than the first two films,” he added.
Produced by SRK’s Red Chillies Entertainment, the film is set to release during Diwali.