Filmmaker Mahesh Bhatt, who has adapted ‘Arth’ as a play, is now set to stage his 1989 film ‘Daddy’.
‘Daddy’, which marked the filmmaker’s daughter Pooja Bhatt’s acting debut and also starred Anupam Kher and Manohar Singh, will be remade in the form of a play.
“It is a very sensitive subject and it is important for the next generation to know the complexities and sensitivities of relationships which are portrayed in the film. The success of ‘Arth’ play has inspired me to bring ‘Daddy’ on the stage,” Bhatt said.
The play, directed by Danish Iqbal, will open on August 4 in the capital.
“The description of the play is on the shoulders of Danish Iqbal, who is an able director,” Bhatt said.
- Soon You Could Get Plastic Currency Notes: Find Out More
- Ranveer Singh and Vaani Kapoor Starrer Befikre Gets A Thumbs Up
- Supreme Court Seeks Centre’s Response Over Various Issues Regarding Demonetisation
- Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar Writes To West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee
- Bigg Boss 10 December 8 Review: Swami Om Feels Cheated, lashes Out At Gaurav For Jail Punishment
- South Korean President Park Geun-Hye Impeached Over Corruption Scandal
- Former Air Chief SP Tyagi Arrested In VVIP Chopper Scam
- After Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi, Liquor Baron Vijay Mallya’s Twitter Account Hacked
- Find Out What PM Narendra Modi Told Cabinet Over Demonetisation Decision
- Home Minister Rajnath Singh Assures Safety Of All Tourists Stranded On Havelock Island
- Government To Waive Service Tax On Debit, Credit Card Transactions Of Up To Rs 2,000
- President Pranab Mukherjee Criticises Parliament Disruptions Over Demonetisation
- Pakistan International Airlines Flight Carrying Over 40 Passenger On Board Crashes
- Shah Rukh Khan On Raees Clash With Kaabil: It’s Impossible To Have A Solo Release In India
- US-President Elect Donald Trump Named TIME’s Person Of The Year 2016
“At a time when, people are moving towards film industry from theatre, it is a good sign that such a renowned director is giving importance to stage,” said Iqbal, adding, he will try to do justice to the film’s subject.
The lead role of the father will be reprised by actor Imran Zahid. The actress for the role of the daughter has not been decided yet.
The play will also travel to Benguluru, Mumbai, Kolkata and Chennai and will be staged abroad in December.