Women in Bollywood had only two jobs – acting and hair-dressing, in sharp contrast to the present, actress Madhuri Dixit said here today.
“Women were relegated to jobs like hair-dresser or were actresses. These were the only two women seen on the sets, but today we see a lot of them,” Dixit told reporters here.
The 46-year-old actress said during her initial days in Bollywood she never saw a woman assistant director, but now a lot of women were into script-writing and directing.
- Samajwadi Party Crisis Deepens: Here’s How It Will Impact UP Polls
- 24 Maoists Killed In Encounter In Odisha
- Varun Gandhi Under Attack Over Defence Deals: Here’s How
- This Diwali, Let Blind Students Brighten Up your Homes With Candles & Diyas
- CBI Files Supplementary Chargesheet In Sheena Bora Murder Case
- Soha Ali Khan And Vir Das Starrer 31st October Audience Reaction
- Sahara Chief Subrata Roy’s Parole Extended Till November 28
- Simple Tips To Secure Your Debit Card From Fraudsters
- New Zealand & India Team Being Welcomed In Chandigarh
- Mumbai Call Centre Scam: All You Need To Know
- Jammu Kashmir Chief Minister Mehbooba Mufti Appeals To Police: Here’s What She Said
- Shocker From Ahmedabad: Find Out What Happened
- Bigg Boss 10 Day 3 Review: Celebs Fail To Do Well in First Task
- Airtel Offers 10GB Data At Rs 259 For New 4G Smartphone Users
- Aamir Khan Starrer Dangal’s Trailer Launched: First Impressions
“There is an emergence of new sensibilities,” she said and referred to films directors like Soumik Sen who had a different way of looking at women.
“We are fortunate to have such directors to write scripts for us and this is a great time for women and films in general,” she said.
Asked about the roles which she was offered during those days, Dixit said she was lucky to have got different roles in films like ‘Beta’, ‘Dil’, ‘Tejab’, Among others.
Describing herself as a baby of commercial cinema, the ‘Dhak Dhak’ girl of Bollywood said even at this stage of her career she was not averse to doing comedy films.