Women in Bollywood had only two jobs – acting and hair-dressing, in sharp contrast to the present, actress Madhuri Dixit said here today.
“Women were relegated to jobs like hair-dresser or were actresses. These were the only two women seen on the sets, but today we see a lot of them,” Dixit told reporters here.
The 46-year-old actress said during her initial days in Bollywood she never saw a woman assistant director, but now a lot of women were into script-writing and directing.
“There is an emergence of new sensibilities,” she said and referred to films directors like Soumik Sen who had a different way of looking at women.
“We are fortunate to have such directors to write scripts for us and this is a great time for women and films in general,” she said.
Asked about the roles which she was offered during those days, Dixit said she was lucky to have got different roles in films like ‘Beta’, ‘Dil’, ‘Tejab’, Among others.
- Home Minister Rajnath Singh Assures Safety Of All Tourists Stranded On Havelock Island
- Government To Waive Service Tax On Debit, Credit Card Transactions Of Up To Rs 2,000
- President Pranab Mukherjee Criticises Parliament Disruptions Over Demonetisation
- Pakistan International Airlines Flight Carrying Over 40 Passenger On Board Crashes
- Shah Rukh Khan On Raees Clash With Kaabil: It’s Impossible To Have A Solo Release In India
- US-President Elect Donald Trump Named TIME’s Person Of The Year 2016
- O. Panneerselvam: 10 Things You Need To Know
- PM Narendra Modi Slams Opposition For Not Letting Parliament Function
- Nawazuddin Siddiqui On Working In Raees: Was Nervous To Shoot With Shah Rukh Khan
- Bathinda Dancer Murder: Video Showing Accused Opening Fire At Marriage
- 5 Lesser Known Facts About Sasikala Natarajan
- Congress Leader Shashi Tharoor’s Delhi Home Burgled: Here’s What Happened
- Reserve Bank Of India Keeps Repo Rate Unchanged Post Demonetisation
- Bigg Boss 10 Dec 06 Review: Swami Om Pees In Kitchen
- Lenovo k6 Power Video Review
Describing herself as a baby of commercial cinema, the ‘Dhak Dhak’ girl of Bollywood said even at this stage of her career she was not averse to doing comedy films.