Actress Madhuri Dixit’s trainer Kanishka Sharma, who has choreographed her stunts in ‘Gulaab Gang’, is all praise for the Bollywood icon saying she made some tiring action sequences look effortless on screen.
“I remember a scene where Madhuri had to twist a man’s arm and kick him hard. I rehearsed with her for a few hours before the shot, but was a little apprehensive. Later, I was shocked at how comfortably she pulled it off. She makes all my otherwise tiring action look effortless on screen,” Kanishka said.
The brief given to Kanishka by director Soumik Sen was to design the stunts in a manner that they look both aesthetic as well as realistic. “It couldn’t be as gritty as ‘Crouching Tiger Hidden Dragon’ neither could it be as suave as the Matrix,” he said. Madhuri trained in rare martial art forms for the action scenes.
- Varun Gandhi Under Attack Over Defence Deals: Here’s How
- This Diwali, Let Blind Students Brighten Up your Homes With Candles & Diyas
- CBI Files Supplementary Chargesheet In Sheena Bora Murder Case
- Soha Ali Khan And Vir Das Starrer 31st October Audience Reaction
- Sahara Chief Subrata Roy’s Parole Extended Till November 28
- Simple Tips To Secure Your Debit Card From Fraudsters
- New Zealand & India Team Being Welcomed In Chandigarh
- Mumbai Call Centre Scam: All You Need To Know
- Jammu Kashmir Chief Minister Mehbooba Mufti Appeals To Police: Here’s What She Said
- Shocker From Ahmedabad: Find Out What Happened
- Bigg Boss 10 Day 3 Review: Celebs Fail To Do Well in First Task
- Airtel Offers 10GB Data At Rs 259 For New 4G Smartphone Users
- Aamir Khan Starrer Dangal’s Trailer Launched: First Impressions
- TMC Supporters Attack BJP Leader Babul Supriyo
- Sri Lankan Navy Apprehends 20 Indian Fishermen
“I extensively trained Madhuri for a month in Shaolin Kung Fu, besides stick training, Shaolin joint locking, Kali knife, short stick and of course, close combat,” he added.
‘Gulaab Gang’, starring Madhuri Dixit and Juhi Chawla in the lead, is produced by Anubhav Sinha. The film releases on March 7.