Actress Madhuri Dixit says there is no such word called difficult in her dictionary and she likes to conquer problems. The Bollywood diva, who will be seen next in ‘Gulaab Gang’, has done her own stunts in the movie.
‘Gulaab Gang’ directed by newcomer Soumik Sen, is based on Gulabi gang, a group of Indian women vigilantes and activists dressed in pink saris, fighting against the social injustice and operating in Bundelkhand region of UP.
When asked if doing dance or action was difficult, she says, “I had a training in taekwondo hence it became little easy for me to do action. We had no body doubles, we all did the stunts and action on our own. Even while dancing one ends up getting injured… So its ok. There is no such word called difficult (mushkil) in my dictionary.. I like to conquer.”
Madhuri hopes the film does good business at the box-office. Madhuri and Juhi Chawla are coming together for the first time on screen in a film. The two did get an offer to share screen space earlier but Juhi had refused the film.
“I am happy we worked together in this film. I don’t regret about not working in the past. I hope to work with her again. I don’t think one should compare us or talk about comparison as we are playing two different roles in the film. I am the hero, she is the villian… These two characters would be nothing without each other. I think we have got the best energy for this film,” she said.
- Lenovo k6 Power Video Review
- Bigg Boss 10 December 5 Review: Manveer Calls Swam Om ‘kachdaa’
- PM Narendra Modi Declared Winner Of TIME Magazine’s Person Of The Year – Reader’s Poll
- Paneerselvam sworn in as new Chief Minister of Tamil Nadu
- Tamil Nadu CM J Jayalalithaa Passes Away After Suffering Cardiac Arrest
- J.Jayalalithaa’s Life Journey
- Here’s Why Delhi-NCR Gets Pollution Code On Lines Of Beijing
- PM Modi Is More Interested In TRP Politics Rahul Gandhi At Congress Parliamentary Meet
- Bigg Boss 10 December 1 Review: Priyanka Jagga Succeeds In Her Divide And Rule Strategy
- Kahaani 2 Audience Reaction: Vidya Balan Starrer Thriller Gets Mixed Reviews
- Find Out What PM Modi Said About Demonetisation On LinkedIn
- Row Over West Bengal ”Military Coup” Issue Escalates: Who Said What
- Here’s How Mohammad Kaif Replied To Virender Sehwag’s Birthday Wish On Twitter
- West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee’s Flight Reportedly Had Low Fuel: Here’s What Happened
- Reliance Jio Welcome Offer Extended Till March 31, JioMoney Launched
“She plays a sweet villain in the film… It is scary in a way. It is a very different role for her and I liked watching her on screen. It was wonderful working with her,” Madhuri said.
The 46-year-old actress feels women need to be educated. “We need to educate women… Education is the key. They should be respected, there should be gender equality,” she said.
‘Gulab Gang’, directed by Sen and produced by Anubhav Sinha, is slated to release on March 7, a day before the International Women’s Day.