Actress Madhuri Dixit said today that 75 per cent of women in India, including those in Gujarat, are unaware about their empowerment.
The 46-year-old actress said that her role in ‘Gulaab Gang’ creates awareness amongst them.
“I enjoyed working with Juhi Chawla who is a good artiste. The movie has received a good response from everywhere. The Censor Board and critics have loved the movie,” she told reporters.
- The Royal Opera House Reopens After Decades Of Neglect: Here’s A Quick Tour
- Tata Sons Rubbishes Cyrus Mistry’s Allegations: Here’s What Happened
- Pakistan High Commissioner denies allegations leveled on his staffer for espionage activities
- Odisha: Villagers Refuse To Cremate Dalit Woman’s Body
- Here’s What Farhan Akhtar Said On Karan Johar-MNS ‘Deal’ Over Ae Dil Hai Mushkil’s Release
- Government’s Diwali Gift to Central Government Employees, Pensioners
- Bigg Boss 10 26th October Review: This Episode Is All About Fights
- New Zealand Beat India By 19 Runs In Ranchi; Series Levelled At 2-2
- DND Toll-Free: Noida Toll Company Moves Supreme Court Against Allahabad High Court
- British PM Theresa May Says Kashmir Is A Matter For India, Pakistan To Sort Out
- J&K: Students Suffer As Schools Along LOC Forced To Shut Amid Firing
- Jayalalithaa’s Health: AIADMK Women Supporters Continue Special Prayers For CM
- HTC Desire 10 Lifestyle First Look Video
- Fissures Remain Within Samajwadi Party: All You Need To Know
- Big Cheer For Delhi-Noida Commuters, DND Flyway Becomes Toll Free
When asked about are her future plans, she said that she would prefer to act if she gets good scripts.
“However, at present my focus is on this movie after which I will appear in the ‘Jhalak Dikhla Jaa’ show on television,” she said.
The actress evaded a reply to PTI, when she was asked about a recent incident at Bhopal airport, where she was reportedly asked to leave a VIP lounge by an airport official.
She avoided replying to the question, saying, “I have nothing to say.”
Reportedly, Dixit and producer Anubhav Sinha who were recently in Bhopal to promote their forthcoming movie ‘Gulaab Gang’ were asked to leave the VIP lounge in Bhopal airport.
An airport official who had taken them to the VIP lounge requested to get a photograph taken with Dixit, when the two were waiting for their return flight to Mumbai.
Dixit, reportedly refused to pose since she was very tired after the movie’s promotion. The official got angry and asked the actress to leave the VIP lounge immediately.
Incidentally, local electronic media people including photographers were roughed up by security personnel during her visit to the new state transport bus depot located in the station area of Vadodara city.