Actress Madhuri Dixit said today that 75 per cent of women in India, including those in Gujarat, are unaware about their empowerment.
The 46-year-old actress said that her role in ‘Gulaab Gang’ creates awareness amongst them.
“I enjoyed working with Juhi Chawla who is a good artiste. The movie has received a good response from everywhere. The Censor Board and critics have loved the movie,” she told reporters.
When asked about are her future plans, she said that she would prefer to act if she gets good scripts.
“However, at present my focus is on this movie after which I will appear in the ‘Jhalak Dikhla Jaa’ show on television,” she said.
The actress evaded a reply to PTI, when she was asked about a recent incident at Bhopal airport, where she was reportedly asked to leave a VIP lounge by an airport official.
- Home Minister Rajnath Singh Assures Safety Of All Tourists Stranded On Havelock Island
- Government To Waive Service Tax On Debit, Credit Card Transactions Of Up To Rs 2,000
- President Pranab Mukherjee Criticises Parliament Disruptions Over Demonetisation
- Pakistan International Airlines Flight Carrying Over 40 Passenger On Board Crashes
- Shah Rukh Khan On Raees Clash With Kaabil: It’s Impossible To Have A Solo Release In India
- US-President Elect Donald Trump Named TIME’s Person Of The Year 2016
- O. Panneerselvam: 10 Things You Need To Know
- PM Narendra Modi Slams Opposition For Not Letting Parliament Function
- Nawazuddin Siddiqui On Working In Raees: Was Nervous To Shoot With Shah Rukh Khan
- Bathinda Dancer Murder: Video Showing Accused Opening Fire At Marriage
- 5 Lesser Known Facts About Sasikala Natarajan
- Congress Leader Shashi Tharoor’s Delhi Home Burgled: Here’s What Happened
- Reserve Bank Of India Keeps Repo Rate Unchanged Post Demonetisation
- Bigg Boss 10 Dec 06 Review: Swami Om Pees In Kitchen
- Lenovo k6 Power Video Review
She avoided replying to the question, saying, “I have nothing to say.”
Reportedly, Dixit and producer Anubhav Sinha who were recently in Bhopal to promote their forthcoming movie ‘Gulaab Gang’ were asked to leave the VIP lounge in Bhopal airport.
An airport official who had taken them to the VIP lounge requested to get a photograph taken with Dixit, when the two were waiting for their return flight to Mumbai.
Dixit, reportedly refused to pose since she was very tired after the movie’s promotion. The official got angry and asked the actress to leave the VIP lounge immediately.
Incidentally, local electronic media people including photographers were roughed up by security personnel during her visit to the new state transport bus depot located in the station area of Vadodara city.