After framing the dark side of fashion world and glossy pages of celebrity calendars for the silver screen, it seems Madhur Bhandarkar will take his camera into the households of Hindi filmstars — or so suggests the title of his next project “Bollywood Wives”.
The filmmaker, who will be conferred the Padma Shri honour in April, made the announcement on Twitter.
The National Award winning filmmaker, known for showcasing real life issues through his films, took to Twitter to thank Ritesh Sidhwani and Farhan Akhtar for helping him.
“A big thank you to @ritesh_sid & @faroutakhtar for giving us, #BhandarkarEntertainment, the title ‘Bollywood Wives’,” Bhandarkar posted.
- Shah Rukh Khan On Raees Clash With Kaabil: It’s Impossible To Have A Solo Release In India
- US-President Elect Donald Trump Named TIME’s Person Of The Year 2016
- O. Panneerselvam: 10 Things You Need To Know
- PM Narendra Modi Slams Opposition For Not Letting Parliament Function
- Nawazuddin Siddiqui On Working In Raees: Was Nervous To Shoot With Shah Rukh Khan
- Bathinda Dancer Murder: Video Showing Accused Opening Fire At Marriage
- 5 Lesser Known Facts About Sasikala Natarajan
- Congress Leader Shashi Tharoor’s Delhi Home Burgled: Here’s What Happened
- Reserve Bank Of India Keeps Repo Rate Unchanged Post Demonetisation
- Bigg Boss 10 Dec 06 Review: Swami Om Pees In Kitchen
- Lenovo k6 Power Video Review
- Bigg Boss 10 December 5 Review: Manveer Calls Swami Om ‘kachdaa’
- PM Narendra Modi Declared Winner Of TIME Magazine’s Person Of The Year – Reader’s Poll
- Paneerselvam sworn in as new Chief Minister of Tamil Nadu
- Tamil Nadu CM J Jayalalithaa Passes Away After Suffering Cardiac Arrest
— Madhur Bhandarkar (@imbhandarkar) January 30, 2016
Going by his cinema slate, one can expect him to infuse the turbulence in the personal life of big Bollywood stars, to his film. The movie announcement comes at the time when most of the news coming out of the tinsel town is about separation.
Farhan Akhtar called it quits with his wife Adhuna, and speculation is rife that Arbaaz Khan and Malaika Arora Khan are also heading towards a split.
Bhandarkar is best known for his films like “Chandni Bar”, “Page 3”, “Traffic Signal” and “Fashion”. However, his last Bollywood outing “Calendar Girls”, in which he chronicled the life of calender girls, bombed at the box office.