After framing the dark side of fashion world and glossy pages of celebrity calendars for the silver screen, it seems Madhur Bhandarkar will take his camera into the households of Hindi filmstars — or so suggests the title of his next project “Bollywood Wives”.
The filmmaker, who will be conferred the Padma Shri honour in April, made the announcement on Twitter.
The National Award winning filmmaker, known for showcasing real life issues through his films, took to Twitter to thank Ritesh Sidhwani and Farhan Akhtar for helping him.
- Twitter War Between Congress Leader Amarinder Singh & Delhi CM Arvind Kejriwal
- Life Of Actor-Dancer Ashwini Ekbote Who Died During A Performance
- Idea Exchange With Gurmeet Ram Rahim Singh
- PM Narendra Modi Bats For Equal Rights : Here What He Said On Triple Talaq
- Uncle Shivpal Targets Akhilesh, Claims CM Told Him He Will Form Another Party
- Pakistan Continues To Violate Ceasefire In RS Pura
- Samajwadi Party’s internal fight divides SP
- Cyrus Mistry Removed As Chairman of Tata Sons: Here’s What Happened
- Wreath Laying Ceremony Of Slain Soldier Sushil Kumar Observed
- Virat Kohli Powers India Home With Unbeaten 154
- Pakistan Resorts To Heavy Mortar Shelling, 1 BSF Jawan Dead, 3 Injured
- Bigg Boss 10 Weekend Ka Vaar: Priyanka Jagga Evicted
- Here’s How Much Army Welfare Fund Has After MNS Demanded Rs 5 Cr To Cast Pak Artistes
- Shiv Sena Chief Uddhav Thackeray Take A Jibe At MNS: Here’s What He Said
- Samajwadi Party Crisis Deepens: Here’s How It Will Impact UP Polls
“A big thank you to @ritesh_sid & @faroutakhtar for giving us, #BhandarkarEntertainment, the title ‘Bollywood Wives’,” Bhandarkar posted.
— Madhur Bhandarkar (@imbhandarkar) January 30, 2016
Going by his cinema slate, one can expect him to infuse the turbulence in the personal life of big Bollywood stars, to his film. The movie announcement comes at the time when most of the news coming out of the tinsel town is about separation.
Farhan Akhtar called it quits with his wife Adhuna, and speculation is rife that Arbaaz Khan and Malaika Arora Khan are also heading towards a split.
Bhandarkar is best known for his films like “Chandni Bar”, “Page 3”, “Traffic Signal” and “Fashion”. However, his last Bollywood outing “Calendar Girls”, in which he chronicled the life of calender girls, bombed at the box office.