Filmmaker Sooraj Barjatya says he made his Diwali release “Prem Ratan Dhan Payo” only for Salman Khan, with an intention to show the 49-year-old superstar as someone, who can change people.
The Barjatya-directed film will mark Salman’s collaboration with the director and his banner Rajshri Films after a gap of 16 years.
“This film is only for him (Salman). I wanted to make people idolise him… a film, where he can change people. Even though youngsters go less for my movie, but if a youngster says he wants to show it to his mother, grandmother, in-laws, that is the biggest return and victory for me,” the 51-year-old helmer told reporters in Mumbai.
The film will see the comeback of Salman’s much-loved character, ‘Prem’.
“As a director, it’s only four days left, so I am the most nervous here. Day before when the movie got over, I calculated the budget and I was shocked, that unless it becomes the biggest hit then… “It’s Diwali, whether you watch the film or not, go to your villages and meet those whom you haven’t met in years. That’s the whole spirit…,” he added.
- Salman Khan thanks fans for watching 'Prem Ratan Dhan Payo', watch video
- Salman Khan's 'Prem Ratan Dhan Payo' earns Rs. 71.38 cr in two days, inches close to 100 cr mark
- 'Prem Ratan Dhan Payo' has lot of grey shades: Sooraj Barjatya
- Salman Khan, Sonam Kapoor to spread their magic on screen with ‘Prem Ratan Dhan Payo’ today
- Salman Khan's 'Prem Ratan Dhan Payo' title track is special to Sooraj Barjatya
- Prem Ratan Dhan Payo: The Salman Khan movie is about an innocent man and a princess
Salman, playfully interrupted Barjatya and said, “You should not say these things seriously because last time I said this I regretted. ‘Jaaneman’ and ‘Don’ were released on the same day. I went to promote Don and said ‘first watch Don’ so everyone saw that and no one saw…”
“Go to your village, meet family and take them to watch the film too,” the “Bajrangi Bhaijaan” star added.
“Prem Ratan Dhan Payo”, releasing on November 12, also stars Sonam Kapoor, Neil Nitin Mukesh, Swara Bhaskar, Armaan Kohli.
This will be the fourth collaboration between Barjatya and Salman after their previous successful outings, “Maine Pyar Kiya”, “Hum Aapke Hai Koun..!” and “Hum Saath Saath Hain”.